Opening Sound track

With the following comment I will likely be branded a malcontent but what odds :D

Did the opening graphic with Missorski's Night on a Bare Mountain seem completely at odds with the splash screen graphic which followed it? Kind of a let down?

In the first we see a startling real and stunning graphic with stirring music, only to be followed with a cartoonish picture and menu. It's a very minor nit, but the realism and professionalism of CMBB is not represented well by the splash screen. Think of it this way...if you had one graphic, which would you choose to represent the game?

After reading the length and breadth of the threads following the CMBB Demo release I am sure of one thing. The sheer number of nits and lice complained about by the CM-faithful are startling close to those who actually experienced the Ostfront. :D

Cheers

MRD

You have it right. Modest Mussorgsky 1839-1881

It's also known "Night on Bare Mountain".

Terence, that's why you hear so much classical music in commercials.

No royalties.

And Claymore, the cartoon didn't bother you in Fantasia.

[ September 03, 2002, 03:13 PM: Message edited by: Lars ]

Originally posted by Lars:

Terence, that's why you hear so much classical music in commercials.

No royalties.

Yes, Im well aware. It pisses me off because, see, I wrote nearly all of that music, and I don't see one thin dime. There otta bea law I tellya.

Originally posted by Shatter:

Ya I too like the opening music, it gave me a chill up my spine, of pure excitement.

I was thinking alright the moment you been waiting for. Lets go kill some Ruskies.

Hmmm, maybe we need a toggle switch between "Night on Bald Mountain" and "Ride of the Valkyries".

While I like the Mussorgsky selection they used, Shostakovich's Symphony No. 8 would have been a great selection, as it was written in 1943, in direct response to the reality of the tragedy that was the Great Patriotic War, and is renowned for its bleak, dark feel - very appropriate for the carnage we will all inflict/experience a less than 3 weeks.........