Terms? for a new guy...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tread Head:

One of you Vets should post a glossary of all the terms used here. Not the Military ones (Those are easy) but the CM ones and the Chat ones. Hey I have no idea what some of you are talking about... :confused:

Give a guy a break. :D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

o ME: Meeting Engagement, a type of quick battle between two sides with equal number of purchase points.

o PBEM: Play By E-Mail, playing another human by sending turns through email

o QB: Quick Battle, the random scenario generator

o HTH hope that helps

Just to add to the TRP's description/uses: TRPs are of course only used by the defenders and count from the fortifications cost section for only 10pts.

TRPs do several very important things.

-Increases the accuracy and therefore lethality of weapons that can sight in anywhere near a TRP. Hvy.Machine Gun teams, Anti-Tank Gun units, Rifle squads, etc. all benefit from the effects of a TRP.

-DRASTICALLY cuts down the arrival time of artillery from your Forward Observers. I've seen 150mm German Rockets go from 2-3 minute arrival times to a paltry 30 seconds. On the defense, having the flexibility to quickly shift/adjust your artillery to deal with unforseen events can make the difference between victory or defeat.

--One important thing to remember about receiving the benefits of TRPs: Defending units MUST NOT MOVE from their setup positions. Doing so loses the benefits of a TRP.

--Buying multiple TRPs don't affect you adversely either...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Warmaker:

TRPs do several very important things.

-Increases the accuracy and therefore lethality of weapons that can sight in anywhere near a TRP. Hvy.Machine Gun teams, Anti-Tank Gun units, Rifle squads, etc. all benefit from the effects of a TRP.

--Buying multiple TRPs don't affect you adversely either...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

One of my favorites is putting TRP on top of Barbwire. It is amazing what the HMG's setup to cover the wire can do.