Su-57

Hell, the PZ-II model with the 80-50mm armor is in the game and there were only a dozen or so of those ever made. 'Course it's easy to include a vehicle which uses the same model as a standard one, so you only have to change the stats and voila: new vehicle.

Another way to rationalize the PZ-II(80mm) is to assume that inventive crews lashed tracks, sandbags, roadwheels or tree-trunks all over the thing, as was done quite often with other vehicles.

Ren

Nope, the SU-57 wasn't the Russian gun but the U.S. longer-barreled version of the 6-pounder. Word was the Soviets rather liked 'em. They had more hole-punching power than the T34-76. I thought the number produced was closer to a thousand but I guess that include Brit-delievered vehicles that were converted back to troop transports.

Yeh, I wanted the SU-57 in the game too and lobbied long and hard for the vehicle to no effect. 300 different vehicles in the game and of course my favorite one turns out to be #301 on their list. :(

Well, we do have sturmtigers to play with, so I won't complain.

Originally posted by Silvio Manuel:

Thanks MikeyD. There are some scattered mentions of a tiny # that were employed in combat- but I'm sure it must have been higher b/c I've seen T34/57 listed as zero rarity % change in CMBB.

Was Variable Rarity on? The battlefield.ru website certainly makes them sounds pretty rare... did that article say only 133 of the Zis-4 57mm guns were produced? Did some T-34/57s use US/Brit. guns?

The Brit/U.S. 57mm and Russian 57mm are apples and oranges. Rather like the U.S. and Germans both having 75mm guns. Not intechangeable at all.

Actually, there's one semi-related peculiar thing I noticed. You know that 75mm Pak97(?) in the game, the French 75mm gun barrel on a 50mm pak carriage? That gun is the SAME as on the U.S. M3 GMC halftrack, the U.S.'s first proper sp gun! Same barrel, same breech mechanism. I had never noticed that before.

There's also a Russian 57mm TD in use in 1941 - 42.

You can see the Russian Battlefield article on it HERE.

It has the long 57mm ZIS-2 gun mounted on a Komsomlets tractor