Universe's Unluckiest Matilda?

So I was goofing around with a couple of Sturmtigers (AI controlled) against an infantry battalion of Soviets that also had a few tanks, including a Matilda.

First turn, for some reason the Sturmtiger (incorrectly identified as a Tiger) targets the Matilda. Not a problem, I think. At 1,500m, even the best guns have trouble hitting. Sturmtigers typicallys miss by several hundred yards at this range.

matilda_1.jpg

Here we see the Matilda, 1,502m away, watching the 380mm round gracefully arch its way inbound (that spec above the treeline is it).

matilda_2.jpg

Two seconds later, the 380mm round hits dead on target and the result is one very unlucky Matilda. The nearby infantry didn't have a good day at the races either.

Keep this in mind next time you see the AI pull off what you thought was an impossible shot.

Anyone else have any amazing shots?

Poor old Matilda. I think the German word 'Volltreffer' is probably what the Sturmtiger commander would have said! :D

I was playing with the Sturmtiger last night and decided to area fire a house in a town, where I thought there were some infantry and some tanks hidden nearby. Well, I got the house ok, along with the rest of the street :eek:

Good weapon, but not when it is near your own troops.