Tank Hunter Teams

Whats the best way to get these guys to open up on a tank with their MOlotov's/grenades/whatever?

I tried just hiding them in the Citadel mission, and the tanks went right by them(literally a few meters) and they did nothign. So next time I tried to create a armor cover arc that only went out about 25 meters from where they were ina 180 degree arc. This time the tanks get close, and what do the little buggers do? They open up with their SMGs! =(

Any suggestions?

Be careful about how place them though. If the TC isn't buttoned up they'll spot them easily and mass fire upon them in no time. I try to put them so the field of view isn't longer than you're going to toss something. These units will be VERY deadly in urban fighting.

Just something that I realized last night --

When the TC is killed, such as by a PPsh salvo from a tank hunter team, shouldn't there be a delay before the hatch is closed? I mean, wouldn't the TC, er, be in the way (assuming that he wasn't killed so forcefully that his body was flung clear)?

The one time this might actually matter would be TC-kill + one or more Molotovs/other close assault, since if the hatch is jammed open a Molotov might have a better chance of pouring some of its contents inside. Whereas now, the TC gets killed and then the hatch goes down instantly (AFAICT), which eliminates or at least probably dramatically reduces one possible way for the Molotov to kill the crew.

Crazy fact: All the TC's in WW2 was rubbed in with chicken grease before combat so that if they got killed they would slide into the tank easily. In Operation Citadelle the German army was out of chicken grease so they had to use regular butter this made a severe blow to the German morale and some historians say this was the real reason they lost the battle.

Originally posted by howardb:

Crazy fact: All the TC's in WW2 was rubbed in with chicken grease before combat so that if they got killed they would slide into the tank easily. In Operation Citadelle the German army was out of chicken grease so they had to use regular butter this made a severe blow to the German morale and some historians say this was the real reason they lost the battle.

Wouldn't they use saugage grease?

Originally posted by Juju:

I simply ordered one team to follow a tank (issue a movement order and click on the tank instead of the ground) that was at some 40 meters range. It did, and killed the tank right out with a wurfmine. Cool. smile.gif

I must have missed this! Can you order a unit to follow another around the board?