RMC and MADMATT - re the copyright violation

Just got home from a full day of Army stuff and saw the now locked thread. Sorry guys, I have virtually nothing to do with this production; some guy emailed me asking historical questions, I looked up some stuff in books and emailed it back to them. This was last summer, before I went off for military training in June. I got back in August and sent them my apologies, since I hadn't been able to send as much as they wanted. I had no idea that piracy was part of their agenda, nor did I have any real interest in their project other than doing my bit to try and forward some historically accurate info re: German and Russian military stuff.

MD,

I don't think you were the cause of the problem. I went looking for a POC list because suddenly I had this notion that these guys were based somewhere that it wouldn't really matter about taking sounds out of CM. So I pull up this list of names and there, by itself, is your name. So I put it in my post as kid of "wow."

I probably could have characterized it better.

[ March 09, 2002, 10:45 PM: Message edited by: RMC ]

Originally posted by RMC:

MD,

I don't think you were the cause of the problem. I went looking for a POC list because suddenly I had this notion that these guys were based somewhere that it wouldn't really matter about taking sounds out of CM. So I pull up this list of names and there, by itself, is your name. So I put it in my post as kid of "wow."

I probably could have characterized it better.

No, no, no offence taken, and I am glad you mentioned my name, as I wasn't aware the project actually got underway - I just don't want Madmatt hunting me down or anything! If they are going be to stealing intellectual property I don't think I want my name associated with them. I hope it is just a misunderstanding and the sounds are only for their movie clip. I took a look at the site, and they have done some impressive stuff (most of which I have nothing to do with - I simply sent some specs on weapons that I looked up in a couple of books). It's unfortunate about the sound effects issue, as the other stuff they do appears to be original work, and they did seem honest about their research. FPS really are of no interest to me, but helping with historical research is, where and when I can.

No worries, ya did good to point this out, and like I say, I appreciated the heads up, too.

you're all doomed! DOOMED! mike is DOOMED the guys who made it are DOOMED! I'm DOOMED for posting this! MACE is DOOMED for well being MACE!!! Steve is gonna flip a Lid and buy a newly restored FireFly with all the money he's going to get from our Lawyers!! heck Lawyer is DOOMED since he is a LAWYER! aaahahhh the only one who is gonna survive is Peng since he is not registered as a intelligent spiecies!!

[Edited cuz I'm DOOMED for not spelling "Buy" correctly.. aaahhhh panic in the streets!!]

[ March 10, 2002, 11:35 AM: Message edited by: mensch ]

Originally posted by mensch:

you're all doomed! DOOMED! mike is DOOMED the guys who made it are DOOMED! I'm DOOMED for posting this! MACE is DOOMED for well being MACE!!! Steve is gonna flip a Lid and buy a newly restored FireFly with all the money he's going to get from our Lawyers!! heck Lawyer is DOOMED since he is a LAWYER! aaahahhh the only one who is gonna survive is Peng since he is not registered as a intelligent spiecies!!

[Edited cuz I'm DOOMED for not spelling "Buy" correctly.. aaahhhh panic in the streets!!]

Nice to see that you are still a bit... off