Why is this unit out of command?

Is this during setup, because I didn't think once the battle started you could reassign a squad to another HQ, unless it was higher-ranked than Platoon.

Maybe I'm just imagining things. I'm less diligent than I should be on the HQ stuff.

Edit: Just noticed it IS during a setup, I don't know what to tell you.

[ December 13, 2002, 05:45 PM: Message edited by: Terrapin ]

Yeah, you're right - that was a brainfart of mine. However, the screenshot is from a setup phase AND it seems to be the setup phase for Battle 2+ of an operation (I guess this since I see a blue setup zone on the right hand edge of the shot). Most likely the unit was out of command at the end of the last battle, and this information isn't updated during the setup phase. That unit will be in command at the beginning of turn 1, though. That's my guess anyway...

Martin

[ December 13, 2002, 05:50 PM: Message edited by: Moon ]

Doesn't make sense to me either (though I believe the squad experience level may make a difference however).

What the LOS to each unit like. Can it be traced or is it blocked to some of the units ?

Oh yeah... what Moon said with the 'out of command status from previous battle' is probably your answer.

[ December 13, 2002, 05:51 PM: Message edited by: Schrullenhaft ]

Originally posted by Moon:

Yeah, you're right - that was a brainfart of mine. However, the screenshot is from a setup phase AND it seems to be the setup phase for Battle 2+ of an operation (I guess this since I see a blue setup zone on the right hand edge of the shot). Most likely the unit was out of command at the end of the last battle, and this information isn't updated during the setup phase. That unit will be in command at the beginning of turn 1, though. That's my guess anyway...

Martin

OK, thanks for the explanation. I'll check the LOS now that the second battle has started.