"WG" problem in english CDV-version solved, too

After finishing the "AntiZensurLader V2" for CDV's german versioon, i'm happy to announce that the "AntiCensorshipLoader V2" (former known as SS-Loader) correcting the "WG"-problem in CDV's english version, too, is finished.

User-adjustable delay has been added.

Both versions will be available at Tom's CMHQ, soon.

Have fun,

Schoerner

[ October 14, 2002, 10:53 PM: Message edited by: Schoerner ]

Originally posted by Schoerner:

you'll should give me the EXACT spelling of the WG units in the game.

Clear.

Please correct me if i'm wrong, but the only thing i have to do is to wait for your patchs in Tom's HQ, in order to list all the terms you've translated. Second solution : receive my copy ( :rolleyes: ) and send you a french-english list of WG units... Right ?

Best regards

The patch needs to be able to identify the WG units.

Therefore it has to know, how they are spelled in the original french version.

But if you give me your estimations, how the units will be spelled, then i could estimate if the finished german or english versions of the Patch will work with the french version.

WG Infanterie/Infantry -> french: your estimation?

WG Mechanisierte/Mechanized -> ?

WG Kavallerie/Cavalry -> ?

WG Gebirgsjäger/Mountain -> ?

The patch needs to be able to identify the WG units.

Therefore it has to know, how they are spelled in the original french version.

But if you give me your estimations, how the units will be spelled, then i could estimate if the finished german or english versions of the Patch will work with the french version.

WG Infanterie/Infantry -> french: your estimation?

WG Mechanisierte/Mechanized -> ?

WG Kavallerie/Cavalry -> ?

WG Gebirgsjäger/Mountain -> ?

Ok.

Infantry is, in french : Infanterie

Mechanized is, in french : Mécanisé(e)

There's in another "e" a the end of "mécanisé" when the word associated to this adjective is feminine. For example, "Infanterie" is a feminine word so I put an "e". Also, be carefull with the accents...

Cavalry is, in french, Cavalerie

Moutain could be translated, in my opinion, by :

1/ Troupes de montagne (which means litterally : moutain troups)

...or...

2/ Chasseurs alpins, which is a typic french expression (used today in the Army), and could be interpretated much more like "Gebirgsjäger" in german. "Chasseur" means "Jäger" in french.

The first solution is more "generic".

I hope all this is clear.

Bye.

Please, french people visiting this forum, give me your opinions !

Just for clarification:

the patcher only replaces WG with SS.

It doesn't rename other parts.

If the french expression for "WG Mountain" will start with "WG M", then the english version of the AntiCensorshipLoader will be fully compatible with the french version.

How is the french expression for "WG Mountain" in CMBO?

Just for clarification:

the patcher only replaces WG with SS.

It doesn't rename other parts.

If the french expression for "WG Mountain" will start with "WG M", then the english version of the AntiCensorshipLoader will be fully compatible with the french version.

How is the french expression for "WG Mountain" in CMBO?

Yes, in french "WG mountain" would be "WG montagne", so no problem. But i can't verify in CMBO : i've got an english version... ...sorry. :(

Yeah I am running from the batch file. I hear the two beeps which signifies it is loaded in memory but I still get WG. The only thing I have done is change the wait state. I will change it back and see if it makes any difference. Unlikely though.

I am understanding this right, in QB setup, when you choose your force, WG should appear as SS yeah?