CMMOS German summer uniforms preview - Lots of pics inside!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, now im *New* as I just got CM this week. And now getting Mods. Should I uninstall the game, clear out all my Mods, and get only Mods for CMMOS?

And, where do updates take place? At CMHQ, or hs some other site picked it up? Where will I get the new Version of CMMOS?

And lastly....Allied Uniforms, Allied Uniforms!!! Where are the Allied Uniforms for CMMOS? heh, but really, the new CMMOS, looks Great!

Ok, now im *New* as I just got CM this week. And now getting Mods. Should I uninstall the game, clear out all my Mods, and get only Mods for CMMOS?

And, where do updates take place? At CMHQ, or hs some other site picked it up? Where will I get the new Version of CMMOS?

And lastly....Allied Uniforms, Allied Uniforms!!! Where are the Allied Uniforms for CMMOS? heh, but really, the new CMMOS, looks Great!

Originally posted by Volker:

That isn't really necessary. Each CMMOS compatible mod you download and install does not replace the current mod. Just extract the BMP files to your BMP directory, run CMMOS, then select your mods.

CMHQ only for the CMMOS program itself. CMHQ mainly for the mods but some other sites, like Tom's CMHQ and Der Kessel, have a few CMMOS compatible mods as well.

And lastly....Allied Uniforms, Allied Uniforms!!! Where are the Allied Uniforms for CMMOS?

They are coming. I am currently working on both a US/Free French and Commonwealth collection for CMMOS. Expect the same kind of treatment as you see with the German uniforms.

Keith

[ April 20, 2002, 09:06 PM: Message edited by: sitzkrieg ]

That isn't really necessary. Each CMMOS compatible mod you download and install does not replace the current mod. Just extract the BMP files to your BMP directory, run CMMOS, then select your mods.

CMHQ only for the CMMOS program itself. CMHQ mainly for the mods but some other sites, like Tom's CMHQ and Der Kessel, have a few CMMOS compatible mods as well.

And lastly....Allied Uniforms, Allied Uniforms!!! Where are the Allied Uniforms for CMMOS?

They are coming. I am currently working on both a US/Free French and Commonwealth collection for CMMOS. Expect the same kind of treatment as you see with the German uniforms.

Keith

[ April 20, 2002, 09:06 PM: Message edited by: sitzkrieg ]

Originally posted by Frenchy:

Is CMMOS 3.02 out? I hadn't seen it posted anywhere? Did I miss some post somewhere?

Nope. You didn't miss anything.

CMMOS 3.02 is scheduled to be released April 27 AT THE EARLIEST. Gordon Molek will be back from his business trip by then. It is also dependent on The Bald One's available time since Manx is no longer around to update CMHQ. As of right now though, things look good for that date.

[ April 20, 2002, 10:44 PM: Message edited by: sitzkrieg ]

Originally posted by Frenchy:

Is CMMOS 3.02 out? I hadn't seen it posted anywhere? Did I miss some post somewhere?

Nope. You didn't miss anything.

CMMOS 3.02 is scheduled to be released April 27 AT THE EARLIEST. Gordon Molek will be back from his business trip by then. It is also dependent on The Bald One's available time since Manx is no longer around to update CMHQ. As of right now though, things look good for that date.

[ April 20, 2002, 10:44 PM: Message edited by: sitzkrieg ]

Is the new CMMOS going to allow other colors camo's for German tanks than the Mono, bi-color, tri-color, and Hasty?

Such as Gordon's Green and Black striped Tiger? Giving that they are made for CMMOS?

I would really like to have a full choice of camo's for each Mission. That would be fun to pick your camo before battle.

Is the new CMMOS going to allow other colors camo's for German tanks than the Mono, bi-color, tri-color, and Hasty?

Such as Gordon's Green and Black striped Tiger? Giving that they are made for CMMOS?

I would really like to have a full choice of camo's for each Mission. That would be fun to pick your camo before battle.

While some new mods have been made CMMOS compliant, like the existing King Tiger mods of several mod authors, these camos are not available for every vehicle type. Only the mono, bi, tri and hasty are available for pretty much every vehicle type.

I guess I'm a confused here.

If you are saying you want, for example, the King Tiger camo you mentioned above for all units, then that is just not possible in CMMOS. The mod actually has to be created first, which requires a lot of time by the mod author. CMMOS, or any program, can not simply overlay a camo scheme to each vehicle as the graphic file and model sizes would vary and the overlay would look odd. The only reason the mono, bi, tri and hasty camos are available for all units is because they were most often used and are all based on the mono-color factory paint, as was the case historically. This allowed Gordon and Fernando to quickly create several different camo schemes all based off the mono-color base.

Hope this helps.

Keith

While some new mods have been made CMMOS compliant, like the existing King Tiger mods of several mod authors, these camos are not available for every vehicle type. Only the mono, bi, tri and hasty are available for pretty much every vehicle type.

I guess I'm a confused here.

If you are saying you want, for example, the King Tiger camo you mentioned above for all units, then that is just not possible in CMMOS. The mod actually has to be created first, which requires a lot of time by the mod author. CMMOS, or any program, can not simply overlay a camo scheme to each vehicle as the graphic file and model sizes would vary and the overlay would look odd. The only reason the mono, bi, tri and hasty camos are available for all units is because they were most often used and are all based on the mono-color factory paint, as was the case historically. This allowed Gordon and Fernando to quickly create several different camo schemes all based off the mono-color base.

Hope this helps.

Keith

No, I dont mean, change all tanks to the color of Gordon's tiger, what I mean is, like with the Uniforms, have More Como Options for Axis and Allied tanks.

Such as, (just like with your Uniform set up) show a Tiger tank Picture, and to the right of it, show Pictures of Tigers having a Diffrent camo, based upon each Mod made for it for CMMOS, you could have the Mono Tiger, Bi-color Tiger and so forth, then have Gordons Black and Green striped Tiger, or the dark brown tiger, and so on, to give people more of a choice, for *that* tank. Then move to the next tank, and gather up all the camo's for it, to set beside its picture for people to pic from.

Rather than the CMMOS, only allow the mono,bi-color,tri, and hasty, for tanks.

No, I dont mean, change all tanks to the color of Gordon's tiger, what I mean is, like with the Uniforms, have More Como Options for Axis and Allied tanks.

Such as, (just like with your Uniform set up) show a Tiger tank Picture, and to the right of it, show Pictures of Tigers having a Diffrent camo, based upon each Mod made for it for CMMOS, you could have the Mono Tiger, Bi-color Tiger and so forth, then have Gordons Black and Green striped Tiger, or the dark brown tiger, and so on, to give people more of a choice, for *that* tank. Then move to the next tank, and gather up all the camo's for it, to set beside its picture for people to pic from.

Rather than the CMMOS, only allow the mono,bi-color,tri, and hasty, for tanks.

Volker,

Sorry for the misunderstanding. As I said, I was confused.

Now I understand and I like your idea. I don't know about changing the vehicle RuleSets again though. Such a change definately wouldn't make the upcoming 3.02 release. Some of what you are asking for has already been implemented. One example would be the Panthers A series. There is a button where you select the mono, bi, tri and hasty camo but next to that button are buttons for mods from individual authors, like Makjager's zimmerit hasty Panther A and so on.

You might want to contact Gordon with your suggestion. He is currently away on a business trip and will be back around the 27th of April. You can reach him a gordonemolek@earthlink.net.

Keith

Volker,

Sorry for the misunderstanding. As I said, I was confused.

Now I understand and I like your idea. I don't know about changing the vehicle RuleSets again though. Such a change definately wouldn't make the upcoming 3.02 release. Some of what you are asking for has already been implemented. One example would be the Panthers A series. There is a button where you select the mono, bi, tri and hasty camo but next to that button are buttons for mods from individual authors, like Makjager's zimmerit hasty Panther A and so on.

You might want to contact Gordon with your suggestion. He is currently away on a business trip and will be back around the 27th of April. You can reach him a gordonemolek@earthlink.net.

Keith