Question on Engineers in CMBO

I don't use Engineers that much so bear with me...

Does the size of the squad mater in relation to clearing the minefield? What I mean is if I stick a full squad on a mine field, and a split squad on another minefield, would one unit clear the field faster? I am playing my buddy who tends to use mines fields quite effectively so I am looking for "hit and run" engineer op's... the smaller the troops needed the better. ie load them in a fast jeep and skin them up to the mine field under some smoke...

I don't think it matters. Supression matters and depleted or halfed squads get supressed easier, so that may play a role. That is for real minefields, daisy--chain mines are usually (always?) blown away by satchel charges.

Keep in mind that you cannot detect antitank mines (the real ones, not daisy-chain) by any other means that driving a heavy vhicle over them.

I think your opponent is required to send a map of his minefields to the United Nations, though :D

Originally posted by redwolf:

daisy--chain mines are usually (always?) blown away by satchel charges.

Daisy chain mines are removed without the use of satchel charges. Just move the Engineer next to them and the mines should disappear in a turn or two.

Regular mine tiles are removed with satchel charges.

During the last RUMBLE II, I had an SS Pioneer squad sitting next to a Daisychain minefield for 5 minutes. They were at reduced strength. They were under fire from infantry, artillery and direct HE from a chaffee (or somthing). They still managed to clear a section of daisychains. But it took 5 minutes. There were only 3 left in that squad by that time.

Squad strength MAY be a factor. But incoming enemy fire is much more of a factor. Because if squad strength WAS a factor in the above example, I don't think they EVER would have cleared that length of daisychains.

Hope that sheds a smidge of light on the subject.

Gpig