CMMOS Question..

Originally posted by DerZug:

how the hell do i install the Rulesets? i got the zip files but were do i put um and how do i install them?

*tip for you next time*: add directions to the rulesets makes it easier for not so computer savey people.

Been there done that. Had exactly the same problem. Guess I'm not so savvy myself. Bottom left hand corner of the screen click on configure button. Click the ruleset tab and add button. Use the subsequent window to locate the zip in your file structure(can be saved anywhere) and select the required one and open, That seems to do the job. If I've got that wrong perhaps someone will correct me but that seems to work for me.

(Edited for spelling and content)

[ November 18, 2002, 02:46 PM: Message edited by: Doodlebug ]

You click on "Configure", then select the "Rule-sets" tab, click add and then select the rule-set's zip file.

For more information, see the "User_Readme.rtf" that was nicely updated by "Old Dog."

Gordon

[ November 18, 2002, 03:03 PM: Message edited by: Gordon ]

Originally posted by DerZug:

Which ones do you add i have 2 wordpad documents ones description, and ones the rulset and theres a jpg picture. it only allows me to add the word document and it still wont work.

If I understand this correctly use the unextracted downloaded zip file. Gordon is that correct?

Originally posted by Doodlebug:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by DerZug:

Which ones do you add i have 2 wordpad documents ones description, and ones the rulset and theres a jpg picture. it only allows me to add the word document and it still wont work.

If I understand this correctly use the unextracted downloaded zip file. Gordon is that correct?</font>

A quick suggestion for those having trouble:

Check out the readme.rtf file in the CMMOS program directory (usually located C:\Program Files\GEM Software Productions\CM Mod Option Selector) as it explains in a step-by-step method how to install RuleSets and mods using the new method introduced in version 4.00.

If you are still having trouble after going through the readme, post back here and I'll provide a step-by-step example of how to get things working with 4.00. It's really easy after you've done it once and a better method for installing and organizing mods than the previous versions.

Keith

Originally posted by Rob Murray:

Having one hell of a time with this!!! Can't get anywhere with the friggin' thing.

I couldn't make head nor tails of the readme at first but it clicked eventually and it really is straightforward. If I can do it anyone can.

Try following thses steps (seemed to work for me)

Have you swapped into the CMBB section?

Configure button.

Ruleset tab.

Add button.

Locate the unextracted zip file in the opened window which you can have saved anywhere on your PC.

Open.

You should be in business.

Same procedure for mods but it's the mod tab.

Good luck.

well your theory is good but i have a small problem.it doesn`t work.i do all the above no problem but nothing appears in the selector.however when i select the option of barbarossa to berlin i get a message telling me to locate and select barbarossa to berlin.exe from the cmbb install folder which is absolutely nowhere on my computer which probably explains why the mod selector cannot locate it either.please help my husband is driving me nuts

Originally posted by rachel:

well your theory is good but i have a small problem.it doesn`t work.i do all the above no problem but nothing appears in the selector.however when i select the option of barbarossa to berlin i get a message telling me to locate and select barbarossa to berlin.exe from the cmbb install folder which is absolutely nowhere on my computer which probably explains why the mod selector cannot locate it either.please help my husband is driving me nuts

Rachel,

What folder was CMBB originally installed to?

What are the contents of that folder?

Thanks,

Gordon

Originally posted by rachel:

...i select the option of barbarossa to berlin i get a message telling me to locate and select barbarossa to berlin.exe from the cmbb install folder which is absolutely nowhere on my computer...

Rachel, do you have the CDV version of the game? If so, please see ParaBellum's post directly above yours - you need a re-name the exe file.

- Old Dog

Well Gentlemen list me among the illiterate-is it permissable to download v 4.0 without previous versions? I go to CMMOS, go to CMBB, go to rule sets, go to configure, hit add,on screen where I have downloaded zips I hie open for a zip file.Screen returns to config screen which contains nothing ? What simple step am I overlooking? Thanks.

Folks,

One other point to note (that's discussed in the User_Readme.rtf) is that there are 2 kinds of CMMOS mods. "Old-style" and "New-style". "New-style" basically covers all the CMBB mods that have just been released. "Old-style" covers all the CMBO mods.

"Old-style"/CMBO mods are still installed by unzipping the archives directly into the CMBO BMP folder. They don't contain all the information that's necessary to allow them to be installed by CMMOS. Once they're installed, they work the same as they did in CMMOS v3.02. Also, "Old-style" mods can be converted to "New-style", and the instructions on how to do so are included in the User_Readme.rtf.

Gordon

Gordon, or anyone for that matter,

What type of application will allow me to read an "rtf" format document? I understand that the extension refers to "rich text format", but neither notepad, nor navigator (only guesses I could make) read it very well.

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by Agua:

What type of application will allow me to read an "rtf" format document? I understand that the extension refers to "rich text format", but neither notepad, nor navigator (only guesses I could make) read it very well.

Thanks in advance.

Microsoft Word or WordPad will read it. By default clicking on the document should have invoked one or the other of those applications.

Gordon

Originally posted by Agua:

Thanks in advance.

Aqua, Windows 98 includes a baby version of MS Word called Wordpad that will read .rtf files. Not sure if this installs as a default, you might have to load it off your Windows CD or cabinet files using Control Panel-Add/Remove Programs-Windows Setup.

Not sure about Win 95, XP, etc. Anyone know?

- Old Dog

Got the CMMOS 4.0 and followed all directions for the rulesets and then got almost all the current mods. However the Pig Pen mods are not showing up in the proper tab. The Russian mods show up OK.

Anyone else noticed this.

May have done something wrong but don't think so.

Originally posted by bob9017:

Got the CMMOS 4.0 and followed all directions for the rulesets and then got almost all the current mods. However the Pig Pen mods are not showing up in the proper tab. The Russian mods show up OK.

Anyone else noticed this.

May have done something wrong but don't think so.

Please e-mail a copy of the file CMMOSLog.txt from your CMMOS install folder to "gordonemolek@poboxes.com" and I'll take a look.

Thanks,

Gordon

• 3 weeks later...

had really nasty virus and had to do a system restore.have got my .exe folder changed to BtoB,but for some reason it still cannot find it.it worked last time so what is going on-my hubby will not stop moaning,especially as he has lost all his mods and is having to start from scratch