Warrior Code/Myth/Ethic/Mentality etc.

Please excuse this non CM related post but...

A long time ago (Probably 12-18 months) someone posted a 20,000 word essay that they had wrote on the warrior code.

I can't remember who it was and i had it saved for some time as i found it very interesting reading.

Anyway i no longer have it and would appreciate it if the person who wrote it could email me a copy of it or if anyone does still have email a copy of it.

Thankyou

Stix

stix243@iprimus.com.au

I haven't seen the article but, by way of a bump, here's the pan-universal warrior code/ethic in 5 points:

Be physically tough.

Be smart as hell.

Train like an elite level competitor on your tactics and equipment.

Keep all equipment in 110% perfect order.

Harmonize with your team and watch your buddy's back like it was your own.

Others:

Treat with mercy those who abided by their own/your code. Feel free to do what you wish with those who have no honour.

Don't let anything get in the way of your mission...

Caveats:

Some codes penalise the killing of women and children and consider it acceptable to scrub a mission rather than killing women and kids. Lots of others don't.

Some codes also put the mission completion in accordance with higher orders as being more important than one's own personal honour, arguing that the honour in obeying orders outweighs the sometimes less than honourable things one must do to achieve one's objectives.

Lastly: I think most would be universal in agreeing with this last point "Die well." Going out well is important even if you do so in a bed and at a time of your own choosing.

[ July 24, 2002, 07:40 PM: Message edited by: Fionn ]

'Twill not matter to the King for he will die before his men, facing the enemy such that when they strip him of his armour afterwards his body afterwards they will be able to show no wounds on his back ;)

Seriously though, people have no business following someone who would have them die poorly. If they are stupid enough to follow such a one then they deserve what they get IMO.

Originally posted by Sir Uber General:

I just read that post... holy crap its huge! But a very good read, one of the best posts ive seen i think

Yeah, that eassay from Londoner was/is really interesting reading.

Stix