German tanks and their bomb dischargers

derb

I gather that some Tigers and I believe other German tanks have anti-infantry bomb dischargers to protect them from close assaults as well as smoke dischargers. Are both modelled in the game? How effective are they?

I read here http://www.panzer-vi.fsnet.co.uk/ that after a while the dischargers were discontinued on Tigers. Anyone know when that was? And what other tanks besides the Tiger had smoke or anti-personnel dischargers?

I can't say that I've ever seen a casualty caused by it. I've seen squads go to ground but that's about it.

If you want carnage from it, get CC4 and watch the rapid fire version in action. Someone confused the nahverteidigungswaffe with the 6 smoke dischargers on the turrets.

nahverteidigungswaffenahverteidigungswaffenahverteidigungswaffenahverteidigungswaffenahverteidigungswaffenahverteidigungswaffenahverteidigungswaffenahverteidigungswaffenahverteidig ungswaffenahverteidigungswaffenahverteidigungswaffenahverteidigungswaffenahverteidigungswaffenahverteidigungswaffenahverteidigungswaffenahverteidigungswaffenahverteidigungswaffenah verteidigungswaffenahverteidigungswaffenahverteidigungswaffenahverteidigungswaffenahverteidigungswaffenahverteidigungswaffenahverteidigungswaffenahverteidigungswaffenahverteidigung swaffenahverteidigungswaffenahverteidigungswaffenahverteidigungswaffenahverteidigungswaffenahverteidigungswaffe!!!!!!!!!!!!!

arkai88

Member # 10732

posted December 23, 2002 10:04 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I actually saw the device take out a 45mm AT Gun.

...and what did the offspring look like?

Sorry...couldn't resist.

My first encounter with the Nahverteidigungswaffe was in CMBO: I thought the Brits were lobbing light mortar rounds or grenades at the Tiger, until I realised the little grey shapes were STARTING at the turret and radiating out. Grand fun.

I had a situation where a Panther repelled no less then 7 squads coming from different directions killing a third of them and routed all but 2 and they were regulars.But the distraction was enough to get a SU-76 to it's rear and kill it.They are prolly more effective in game then they actually were.It was my understanding that this was a mortor like device that shot a frag grenade up above the tank generating flak(which of course tank was impervious to).In game it acts more like a computer controlled self targeting defense system.Firing at targets well away from the directly overhead airburst zone.But I don't know if they were targetable(I'm sure someone that cares will comment on this).Even if so mighty good job being buttoned up and firing on 7 squads coming from different directions and various distances.If they were all at the airburst zone at the same time would make sense but it was firing at some who hadn't broken out of the woods yet around 70 meters away then in next instant firing at another 180 degrees the other direction 30 meters away and so on.