More Daimler Fun

No, it's not finished yet, but I thought I'd show off a couple more shots of the Daimler in progress.

First is a comparison with the original texture. I like most of the BTS original textures, but the Daimler was just a big green icky blob: comparison.jpg

daimler_mm1.jpg

daimler_mm2

There are obviously some problems getting the unit markings to display right. Not sure if I can do anything about it. Either way, I'll include an unmarked version in the release.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Rex_Bellator:

I thought this cutie was never going to get modded after Pawbroon's valiant work/nightmare with the textures.<hr></blockquote>

We did a Yalta.

I stopped my own Daimler when Andrew started his and sent to him all I had in the way of pictures.

Insteas I did the Archer.

ArcherSepia.jpg

Now mind you, not only will you have a Daimler MOD but a useless Archer TD as a sidekick.

Ain't life grand?

A Daimler of the 49th West Riding! Who would have thought. Brilliant Andrew, I will replay my old scenario 49th Recce immediately on publication of the mod.

Marcel, thanks for using the 59th AT Rgt RA, 43rd Wessex marking - very much appreciated!

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Vader's Jester:

Where did the eyes go PawBroon? They looked cool.<hr></blockquote>

They're on the other side.

If Eyes are needed, gunward is most certainly where they should go.

ArcherEye.jpg

As a side note, this side of the MOD is a Work In Progress.

The rest is weathering and dirtying.

But this part is clearly not done.

Andrew, you said when you released your Jeep MOD that you've fond a way to put mud quite easily.

Seeing your gorgeous Daimler (have I told you I am glad I stopped mine?! :D ) it is evident that you are very much into your new method.

Would you care to drop me a mail to give me some pointers if it's not too long to explain?

Thanks for your MODing effort and for the work you put in it for the community...

[ 01-07-2002: Message edited by: PawBroon ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by M Hofbauer:

In your first picture comparison.jpg it seems the image on the fender/mudguard is used for the inside as well. How did you work around that in the later pictures (which don't seem to suffer from that)??<hr></blockquote>

Well, that is a problem. The rear fender texture repeats itself on both the inside and the front of the fender. I fixed it in the 3rd picture by changing the camera angle when I took the screenshot! :D

I will try repositioning the unit markings to the upper part of the fender by incorporating them into the BMP that depicts the top of the vehicle. I did this for the bridging disk on the front, so it may work ok, but with a little distortion.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by AndrewTF:

Well, that is a problem. The rear fender texture repeats itself on both the inside and the front of the fender. I fixed it in the 3rd picture by changing the camera angle when I took the screenshot! :D

I will try repositioning the unit markings to the upper part of the fender by incorporating them into the BMP that depicts the top of the vehicle. I did this for the bridging disk on the front, so it may work ok, but with a little distortion.<hr></blockquote>

another idea: have you thought about dirtying the unit markins so much that when they are repeated on the inside of the wheel well they are not as obvious as the bright red fresh markings? not sure, obviously it doesn't *eliminate* the problem, but mabe it would lessen it a bit.

btw, great work on BOTH the Daimler and the Archer, congrats+thanks to both of you.

Andrew, I just 'dicovered' your uniform mods over at Tom's. I've seen them there dozens of times but just didn't bother giving them a closer look. They rock. You are a Mod God! :D

BTW Pawbroon, the eyes look cool. Who cares if that particular TD hardly gets used; I just might use one now and then just to see your pretty textures! :cool:

[ 01-07-2002: Message edited by: Vader's Jester ]</p>