Click on the weapon - hear the sound. How long to finish Reload?

1) I found it very important to recognize the weapon firing by the sound. CMBB does not provide any way of doing it.

In UI weapons are shown by icons - I should be able too click the icon and hear the sound of weapon firing. (Like in Close Combat)

2) When weapon is reloading (Like ISU-152 or SturmTiger) please display "Reloading:0.15" (Means 15 seconds to end reload)

Originally posted by killmore:

1) I found it very important to recognize the weapon firing by the sound. CMBB does not provide any way of doing it.

In UI weapons are shown by icons - I should be able too click the icon and hear the sound of weapon firing. (Like in Close Combat)

2) When weapon is reloading (Like ISU-152 or SturmTiger) please display "Reloading:0.15" (Means 15 seconds to end reload)

Both would be appreciated if possible. Especially #2.

Michael

I really liked the BOOM-on-click options in CC, but a bit to gamey/cartoonish for CMBB.

Besides do you know how real-world soldiers learned to distuingish the sounds of the battlefield? That's right, experience, there just ain't substitute for experience (well a good FAQ maybe) ;)

Originally posted by killmore:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

#2 would be cool, but it seems to me that is more information than we should have.

You have this info for your own artilery...

You can also write down the last time gun fired and figure out when it fires next time. But why do it manually?

I guess you need to hide this info in enemy units - but that is done already

It will make beginers understand advantages of conscript vs veterans and weapons</font>

Originally posted by Foxbat:

I really liked the BOOM-on-click options in CC, but a bit to gamey/cartoonish for CMBB.

Besides do you know how real-world soldiers learned to distuingish the sounds of the battlefield? That's right, experience, there just ain't substitute for experience (well a good FAQ maybe) ;)

Well you don't have to use it... But it is a great help for a beginner.

If you will not be able to identify opponent weapons you won't be able to click on them...

You can judge weapons to a certain extent by the sound that they make.

High Velocity guns of 70mm+ make a distinctive high pitched "shriek" when they fire

Small calibre guns (less than 70mm) make a noise more akin to a rifle crack

Heavy guns (100mm+) make a deeper "boom" noise

Regular and short ~75mm guns make an "ordinary" noise (for want of a better description)

Small arms can be distinguished by the rate of fire.

Originally posted by Bruno Weiss:

Where's the powerups? I haven't found one health pack yet... :D

In the level with the church there's one hidding in the patch of woods next to the factory.

And they have another easteregg in the level with all the russian tanks. Move one of Panzer-thingies along the street , once it reaches the intersection you'll notice a little flash under the Panzer-thingie and a new infantry unit will spawn under it.

It got only pistols, so you should grap a better weapon as soon as possible.