Etiquette for Mplyr games?

Just curious and I don't know if this has been covered before. But what is the etiquette when playing someone for the first time in CMBO. I have all the rules for recon, 75 & 76 but haven't played anyone with them yet. But I have been playing without going full tilt after SS or Airborne troops. Is this naive?

I understand if rules aren't agreed upon between the players then you are technically free to buy whatever. Just wanted to hear what others thought.

Of course the best thing is to agree on "terms" beforehand. Otherwise, just stick to semi-historical, and usually this is fine. If your opponent complains, but never brought it up before, just agree to set restrictions on the next one. Generally avoiding the "jeep rush" type stuff eliminates most disagreements.

On the other hand, a prearranged "be as gamey as you possibly can" type of battle can be highly entertaining. Just make sure your opponent knows about it before starting.

On tournamenthouse.com, where players usually push the game, the units and the engine quite hard, people have a text file which holds a list of things that piss them off and they cut'n'paste the list into IRC.

Usually you don't see real incompatible requirements in these drop-ins, but often people see one item as too restrictive, so they trade it for something else the opponent finds annoying.

Here's my current list:

- Allow Airborne/Army Mix but no other force mix.

- One map reject each.

- No SdKfz 7/1 or 7/2. Flakpanzer allowed.

- In 1250 or 1500 game, no more than 3 SMG platoons, 3 M8 HMC or one

Wasp. SMG platoons under limit are: VG SMG, Fusilier SMG and, when

force mix is allowed, Gebirgsjaeger.

- When Fionn 75, the artillery limit is 105mm, plus British (not not

US) 4.2" mortars and not including VT artillery

Make a similar list and cut'n'paste it into mails or IRC.

When people start bitching over infantry types you can often shortcut it by just declaring exactly what you take, like US rifle vs. SS rifle, or Axis rifle versus British rifle. There are few important choices in infantry outside of SMG troops, and virtually nothing that influences the other player's choice, so it's usually not worth the energy to argue over it.

Be ruthless. Be relentless. Hold no ground, but rather hold on to your opponents ass, and naw it off until their is nothing but bone and rent flesh left.

After that, make him send you a fine bottle of Scotch for your trouble.

Jwirry - if you prefer a more casual game you can pick up a game here in the opponent finder area.

TH is very ladder / competition driven.

I've also picked up a few games at Rugged Defense which seems to have players who are more interested in a historical kind of line-up. Rugged Defense

If you want to participate in a huge campaign there is CMMC which is accesable from Here

There is also a chat area over there where you can pick up a game.