Sneak Preview... "CMBB: The Complete Mod"

Seriously, dude, if making all the textures 1-bit would let CMBB run on my not-quite-surplussed-but-close-enough-that-they-won't-pay-to-upgrade-the-built-in-6MB-VRAM-with-a-real-video-card-(and-I'm-too-cheap-to-bring-one-in-myself-because-it's-a-WORK-mach ine-fer-cripes-sake) Beige G3 I've got at work, I'd download it in a second.

Agua Perdido

Originally posted by Agua Perdido:

Seriously, dude, if making all the textures 1-bit would let CMBB run on my not-quite-surplussed-but-close-enough-that-they-won't-pay-to-upgrade-the-built-in-6MB-VRAM-with-a-real-video-card-(and-I'm-too-cheap-to-bring-one-in-myself-because-it's-a-WORK-mach ine-fer-cripes-sake) Beige G3 I've got at work, I'd download it in a second.

Agua Perdido

Yes, but it's oddly freakish looking. The problem is you can't have transperancies with 1-bit textures. 16 colors, however, look surprisingly good imo.

The total size of the bmp folder in 2 colors is 4.7 M. For 16 colors, it's around 19 M.

2 Color:

BW.jpg

16 Color:

CMBO16c.jpg

Originally posted by Kalar:

-E-

Unless my eyes deceive me, that's the "Kampfgruppe" mod!

No this is an upgrade from that one! This one uses a more CMBB-like interface at the bottom! I'm really insulted. I can't believe you didn't appreciate the technical expertise and extraordinary effort to incorporate that into a screenshot, ah, I mean the "mod." LOL

I played that game tons in the 80's.

Who didn't? *grin*

Do you have a copy that'll play on Win2000? I'd play that on my "beige work machine"!!

It can be run it on win98 and in Dos under win98 using a couple of A][ emulators. Couldn't tell you if win2k would run it.