what is the worst scenario you played through?

I had a very bad experience with a übergerman scenario. A german attack with 1800 against 900 points. But that wasnt enough. Almost all the germans had max ammo(60), the german tanks had almost no AP and a lot of HE, he had a 150mm spotter with 115 shells, and a lot of my troops started tired or wary. Did I miss something? Oh yes, the german briefing said that there would be no airsupport. Fun? Not at all! Im still wondering if it was playtested at all

/Kristian

I don't know Russel. I tend to remember the good ones rather than the bad ones.

Don't get me wrong. There are some bad ones out there. I've done my share too :eek:

I think many probably get too impatient or just careless.

Good scenario design, like pro football, or sculptoring or race car driving is not for everyone.

While sometimes not bad in themselves, in the light of some of the better ones, they do look rather lackluster.

Still, I'd just rather forget those bad ones, including mine :rolleyes:

Wild Bill

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Wild Bill Wilder:

I don't know Russel. I tend to remember the good ones rather than the bad ones.

Don't get me wrong. There are some bad ones out there. I've done my share too :eek:

I think many probably get too impatient or just careless.

Good scenario design, like pro football, or sculptoring or race car driving is not for everyone.

While sometimes not bad in themselves, in the light of some of the better ones, they do look rather lackluster.

Still, I'd just rather forget those bad ones, including mine :rolleyes:

Wild Bill<hr></blockquote>

heh, i've yet to meet the bad wild bill scenario (i have met the "AHHHH THE FAST MOVING JEEP I HAD LOCKED VIEW TO RAN OVER A MINE IN THE FIRST FIVE SECONDS OF THE SCENARIO!" wild bill scenario...that was funny as hell!)

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Graaf Spee:

I had a very bad experience with a übergerman scenario. A german attack with 1800 against 900 points. But that wasnt enough. Almost all the germans had max ammo(60), the german tanks had almost no AP and a lot of HE, he had a 150mm spotter with 115 shells, and a lot of my troops started tired or wary. Did I miss something? Oh yes, the german briefing said that there would be no airsupport. Fun? Not at all! Im still wondering if it was playtested at all

/Kristian<hr></blockquote>

that sounds like one of my scenarios... only backwards... i would have had the germans attacking at 1:2...

andy

Soldiers,

I cant stand senerios with low quality maps!

The worst experiance with this was a D-Day landing map, which was just awful. The author made it night time (!) and then put all the german pillboxes at elevation 19 (!!), with my units sitting at elavation 7 (!!!). It was like attacking a mountian. Not to mention, that they put all of my units in those god dam assault boats, which might I add, are NOT LCI!! or Higgins boats!! I played the first turn of the senerio and then gacve up..... It was just to awful!