I just discovered a gold mine!! Well, almost....The Scenario Depot

/Shameless plug mode on

Reading the other post by Admiral Keth in this section prompted me to go take a look at what this "Scenario Depot" thing is. Wow!!! I'm impressed!!! Admiral Keth--you have an amazing piece of work there, and I'm glad to see your note on the front page that you don't plan to let the thing die.

In case anyone else is as dense as I am and haven't taken a look around there yet, I urge you to head on over to the Scenario Depot right now. It's got all sorts of information on battles/operations, a rating system, and is quite quick to navigate.

/Shameless plug mode off

pilgrim

Gang,

I am glad that everyone is finding The Scenario Depot a valuable resource. It is designed to be useful to both players as well as scenario designers. Players benefit by carefully reviewing scenarios which they have played, which in turn allows designers to determine what elements in their scenarios work best and which ones don't. In the long run, scenarios become more innovative, challenging, and surprising.

As time progresses, expect more and interesting features to be added to the Scenario Depot. I'm always open to ideas and suggestions regarding features to add.

There are still around 197 links for battles that I need to complete. I'll be sending a second round of emails to scenario designers from whom I did not receive responses.

Sincerest thanks for everyone's encouragement, support, and patronage.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by OstFront6:

Yep, make sure to post reviews for sure, especially the "new!" battles and operations. The guy doing this site needs to go into the CM hall of fame!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey! Thanks for the review of Hilltop 128. I hadn't given much thought to whether my battles should be played as attacker or defender when going against the AI. I was mostly concerned with whether the game was simply functional vs. the AI. I've now fixed that oversight. Thanks.

BTW, 9 for a slightly modified computer generated map? Being a bit generous, aren't we? ;)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Admiral Keth wrote:

I am glad that everyone is finding The Scenario Depot a valuable resource.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep. The new editor roxors! smile.gif

- Chris

Great Scenarios: "MiniCampaign"

Be sure to check out the battles there that form the "Any Port After a Storm" and "No Rest for the Weary". They are designed to follow a unit across multiple diverse battles much like PanzerGeneral or Campaign Series did (though recongizing limits of CM engine for this). Story lines are great, scenarios are very interesting variety and I at least found them challenging :)

A good page for further descriptions is: http://home.nexgo.de/tcmhq/International.html

(navigate to scenarios and then to "minicampaigns")

Patrick T Ware deserves great credit for his efforts IMHO.

Lin