Night sounds

I was recently playing a night scenario and the first thing I noticed was that the same sounds are used at night as during daylight scenarios. Men shouting, birds singing, equipment banging, etc.

Knowing from my own military experience the differences between how operations are carried out between daylight and nighttime, where every effort is made, to be as quiet as possible, particularly when you're trying to sneak around.

I was rather surprised to say the least. I do hope that in CMBB there is some consideration to perhaps having a switch so that when a battle starts at night, everybody is quiet but as firing starts, etc., then we gradually return back to the full levels of sound?

Mine is a Dawn/Dusk file (though you could rename it to any backgrond sound file of course). Cap'n Wacky is working on mixes of that particular file with some of CM's original sounds. Right now he has daytime snow ambient (mixing both the original sound file and the one I was sending out), and night ambient (mixing the original BTS "crickets w/shell fire" with the mod I was offering). All of these background sounds sound very good in the game (although I personally prefer the "crickets only" at night.

If you want my mod, just drop me a note at:

DBURCH@bak.rr.com

As for Cap Wack's files, you'll have to ask him for them as I was just a tester. I don't belive he has begain to post them to the general CM community yet. :cool:

[ 01-19-2002: Message edited by: Vader's Jester ]</p>