Chicago Sneak Peek AAR

JasonC

Went to Rune's today and saw it. It is real. It works. It is fun. There is dust. lol. Oh and Berli kicked my ass in 2 successive QBs after everyone else had gone home.

(Valentines are tough when the best you've got is 50L42s. The second was a proper lesson - NZ light armor beat a StuG led German force. No scenarios were disclosed to make this paragraph).

So when? We laid clever traps, we flattered, we hinted oh so delicately ("when will it come out?") They did not tell us anything. But my own bet would be "before Christmas". Maybe you'd better go with Berli's bets today, though lol.

Here's another view of the day...

It all started with a traffic accident that closed a road followed by some punk bastard that turned a road sign... My one hour drive to Rune's turned into two and a half hours. THis was followed by two rather satisfying games against Jason :D Ok, the first had him hopelessly outclassed in armor, but the second was a triumph of dumb, blind luck. My armored cars performed brilliantly despite their commander's desire that they all die... well, ok, I only intended one to die, and that because it was so ugly. Then the drive home... I should mention that I cannot roll the window up on the driver's side of my car. It rained non-stop for the entire drive home! This, of course, after Rune assured me that it wouldn't rain until later... bastard.

Ok, that was the good part. Rune, being a fine, upstanding gentleman, gave me a bottle of rather good scotch... which I bloody well forgot when I left! I think I'll go shoot myself in the foot and see if that improves my evening

Berli,

The bottle will still be here. And I never did say how much later.

Lessons learned from the Sneak Peek include:

The sounds byte from the Matilda should be "I think I can, I think I can"

Never EVER attack a Tiger head on with 5 Shermans.

The M10 [i think that what it was" sound clip should be "Flight of the valkerye, or however ya spell it"

Berli, did we get the screenshot of Seanachai laying dead with his boys in hand?

Rune

Another lesson well learned: no matter how glorious and confident 20 Italian tankettes look moving rapidly in formation down a road, that dust cloud over the next dune is always going to spell trouble for them.

Thanks for the preview and the hospitality, Rune. I'd also add that there was only slightly more combat on the computer monitors in the room than there was on the adjacent TV showing the Red Sox / Yankees game.