RobO's Quick Campaign for CMAK is ready for testing

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I, for one, am awaiting your release with very little patience. Up to the 5th game in my campaign, and I have to tell you the situations created by the campaign generator make for some very interesting QBs! Though lady luck hasn't been kind to me and my troops are battle weary and weakened :( almost every battle until now. (Which is what got me looking into the Auto sheet in the first place, trying to see if I just have bad luck or there is a bug - it's just bad luck...)

Thanks

+2 - is that Eastern Europe, perhaps Finland? I tend to get confused about the + and - GMT issue. I guess it has to be, as you'd presumably otherwise be swimming in the middle of the Atlantic ocean smile.gif

I'll look forward to those files.

And to the other players out there, please send me some spreadsheets (preferably zipped) - and some comments if you're in the mood. I'm particularly interested in finding out how well Raid and Relief battles work.

I got the files from The Hapless general, and he's making the same mistake as pretty much everyone else - mixing up Point Value and Point Cost.

Point Value is the cost of the units using their actual experience. The Point Value belongs on the Control Sheet, NOT the Core Force Sheet.

Point Cost is the cost of the units at Regular quality. The Point Cost belongs in column 0 of the Core Force Sheet, and is used when you upgrade a unit.

This distinction is necessary in order to ensure that your upgrade cost is independent of the experience of the unit.

It's in the rules, but I don't blame if you're overlooking it: See section 3.6.

Just in case someone is actually reading this ;)

Nice option for wargamers who want to experience the long rules of board gaming. Wow, I looked at the rules and setup and started to shake. I will wait for Quick Campaign Lite, unless someone can tell me what's the easier why of getting this started? It looks like a mountian of stuff. I would love to try it but wow that's alot of stuff!!

BigMik1

GREAT looking stuff Robert. I made a set of campign rules similar to this for CMBO years ago but haven't had the time or energy to tackle it for CMBB or CMAK. Thanks for the tremendous effort.

At first glance this looks outstanding and looks exactly like the sort of thing I'd enjoy. As Sgt Kelly mentioned in an earlier post, however, it may take me a little while before I'm playing my first campaign. I still have a lot of PBEMs and mod downloading to do.

So much CM to be played, so little time...

BigMik1, it used to be somewhat smaller, bit it really isn't possible to do something like this very simply. But you can get started by reading these sections:

1.1 Overview

1.5 Installation

3.1 Difficulty Level

3.2 Player Rank

3.3 Start and End Date

3.4 Nationality, Division type and Region (only the start, you can skip the subsections)

3.5 Core force Unit Experience

3.6 Core Force Cost Terminology

3.7 Core force (this is the most important section to start with)

3.8 Favor

Now roll up the next battle (see 4.3), then read

4.4 Preparing the Battle in the Editor (sorry about that, but you can skip the parts that don't apply to your current battle)

4.5 Quick Battle Screens (same comment)

4.6 Play Battle (same comment)

Then play the battle, and when that's done, read

5.1 Check Enemy Experience Level

The relevant parts of 5.2.2 through 5.2.11

5.4 Check Core Force Status

5.5 Roll the Dice After the Battle

6.2.5 through 6.2.7

That should see you through to the next battle (see 7.1). You can forget about the rules for upgrading until you're played a few battles.

You can read the rest later, or if you get a need to look something up.

I hope this is a help. Let me know if it is or it isn't. I'll add it to the start of the rules just in case.