RobO's Quick Campaign for CMAK is ready for testing

You can get the long awaited :D version 1.00b here:

Rules in MS Word format (1618k)

Spreadsheet in Excel format (271k)

Example in Excel format (278k)

I'm not sure why the rules got to be so large - perhaps Word converted a picture to bmp format behind my back.

This version is a beta version (thus 1.00e, not 1.00), but I don't really expect to add more features for a while, so it's only a question of testing before it becomes 1.00

Please report any problems and suggestions here, or send me an email.

Edit: Rules updated: Suggested campaigns removed.

Edit: German division availability table made more readable. No rules changes.

Edit 12.Feb.04: Version 1.00b posted

Edit 20.Feb.04: Version 1.00e posted

[ February 20, 2004, 03:58 PM: Message edited by: Robert Olesen ]

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you very much Robert:

I have used 1.0 and beta 2.0 versions for CMBB and was anxious to see the CMAK one.

When you manage to use the Excel sheets correctly (especialy when you need to update units) this is an easy and very satisfactory tool.

The only rule I don´t follow is the map generation one, I prefer to use own or 3rd party generated maps (with little modification), don´t like the editor auto generated ones.

I´ll test this new CMAK sheets, thank you.

Very Cool! I am new to CMAK but looking forward to trying this out. This is just the kind of thing I was looking for - I was considering doing a conversion of a North Africa chit and hex wargame with battles resolved in CMAK, but this looks even more interesting...

Edit Update: I am having problems with the spreadsheet, but I don't know if it's me or the spreadsheet. I sent you an e-mail.

[ February 11, 2004, 10:06 PM: Message edited by: Ansbach ]

Originally posted by Robert Olesen:

So, how does it work? Flawlessly? Is anybody using it?

I'm not getting any feedback.

It's still a little early in CMAK's lifecycle for this kind of thing, I think. The first big tourney in CMAK has only just kicked off.

People are still falling over themselves making mods and scenarios.

Once the instant satisfaction pills have all been tried they'll go looking for the more subtle slow release stuff ;) .

I just finished the first battle of my East Africa campaign with v1.00b - I am really enjoying it so far, but I need to get deeper into the campaign to give any worthwhile feedback.

A note to others who may take a look at this and be put off by the long rules: At first glance I was put off by the long, involved rules system and almost didn't give it a chance. I'm glad I did though because the programmed spreadsheet does 90% of the work for you! It's not nearly as much work as it first looks like. The rules are mostly just explaining what the spreadsheet does - it's an awesome tool!

HI,

Just downloaded and reviewed the rules, following along with the example. I haven't used the rules yet, but will start a campaign tonight, looking forward to it.

Just have a couple of quick questions. Firstly, is the problem with raids that exists in the CMBB campaign still present in CMAK? Secondly, I noticed what might be a tiny discrepancy. Flak vehicles are listed both as VAA and as V2 vehicle type, unless I am missing something.

Other than that, it looks great, just like CMBB campaign, and I will get on it and give any other feedback I have.

Thanks for making it.

Originally posted by The Hapless General:

Firstly, is the problem with raids that exists in the CMBB campaign still present in CMAK?

What is the problem?

Secondly, I noticed what might be a tiny discrepancy. Flak vehicles are listed both as VAA and as V2 vehicle type, unless I am missing something.
Oops, should be VAA, not V2.

Thanks for making it.
You're welcome. And thank you for the appreciation smile.gif

Gadzooks!

Very, Very impressive... don't know if I'll ever manage to use it but one hell of an effort has gone into this...

In fact it has inspired me to create a campaign tool for Byte Battles... but simpler... *looks at Excel-sheet and shudders* MUCH simpler...

Kudos Rob,

-Derfel