RobO's Quick Campaign for CMAK is ready for testing

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the problem?
Well the problem with the raid battles on gun batteries or mortar batteries with the ammo load not being reduced. Does this exist in CMAK too?

BTW, while waiting for the page to load in the forum (a bit slow today isn't it?), I started filling the campaign sheet. Selecting "Always fight with own division" gives a "Cell protected" error. I'll keep you posted if I find anything else.

Cheers

The Raid battle problem is handled identically in v2.02 for CMBB and v1.00b for CMAK - it ought to be OK now, I adjusted the difficulty to hopefully reflect the situation. But do tell me if you find a problem with it.

The "Fight with own division problem" is known - I have just uploaded a version that fixes it: http://www.roqc.cdgroup.org/files/ROQC_CMAK_Sheets_1_00c.zip

IIRC it's otherwise identical to 1.00b

Originally posted by Robert Olesen:

The "Fight with own division problem" is known - I have just uploaded a version that fixes it: http://www.roqc.cdgroup.org/files/ROQC_CMAK_Sheets_1_00c.zip

IIRC it's otherwise identical to 1.00b

I am still geting the "Fight with own division problem" despite having downloaded 1.00c, am I doing something foolish somehow?

Originally posted by cyrano01:

I am still geting the "Fight with own division problem" despite having downloaded 1.00c, am I doing something foolish somehow?

No. I'm the foolish one redface.gif

I should have kown better than to publish it without testing it one last time.

I have corrected it, but I can't upload it now. I'll do that after I get home from work.

Hi,

While you're at it, you might remove the references to sewer movement smile.gif , other than that I could find no references to CMBB still there.

Hope I am not pestering you with these little niggling issues, but so far, they are all I could find wrong. Until now, it works like a charm. Soon I will finish my first battle and then I will be able to see the whole cycle work, though I have no doubt it will work fine.

Cheers

Originally posted by The Hapless General:

While you're at it, you might remove the references to sewer movement smile.gif , other than that I could find no references to CMBB still there.

Oops, I forgot that this was a CMBB issue. Will do.

Hope I am not pestering you with these little niggling issues, but so far, they are all I could find wrong. Until now, it works like a charm. Soon I will finish my first battle and then I will be able to see the whole cycle work, though I have no doubt it will work fine.
No, you're not pestering me. I don't get all that much feedback, perhaps because I made it with too high quality. When I was working on a Civ3 mod (DyP - the best of the lot) the guy who put the releases together used to claim that he introduced errors just to get an opportunity to provide support. He was just kidding ofc. ;)

And yes, it usually works through to the next battle, provided your input is correct :D

Originally posted by Robert Olesen:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by cyrano01:

No. I'm the foolish one redface.gif

I should have kown better than to publish it without testing it one last time.

I have corrected it, but I can't upload it now. I'll do that after I get home from work. </font>

Hi,

Just finished my first battle and it worked just fine. I did however find another small problem with references to CMBB in the manual, this time in the awards section, it talks about german, soviet and finnish awards.

Also, I have a couple of questions:

A. When a unit, in my example, a Bren Carrier, is short a man after the battle, then I cannot use it in the next battle. Do I then update the core point counts in the control sheet?

B. If I have a man short squad inside of a platoon, do I not use the entire squad in the next battle? Can one even remove a squad from the force? After all it is part of the platoon.

Thanks

Originally posted by The Hapless General:

Hi,

Just finished my first battle and it worked just fine. I did however find another small problem with references to CMBB in the manual, this time in the awards section, it talks about german, soviet and finnish awards.

So, now I also have to dig up the proper names for the medals for the Americans, British, Italians, Polish and French. I guess I asked for it. tongue.gif

Also, I have a couple of questions:

A. When a unit, in my example, a Bren Carrier, is short a man after the battle, then I cannot use it in the next battle. Do I then update the core point counts in the control sheet?

It doesn't affect the total (C26), which is used to calculate the battle size and to calculate the total purchase limit. Too bad for you. It does however affect the purchase limits in the individual categories (i.e. it affects the values in C28:C32) so you may get a chance to compensate for the lack of the unit if you have the points to buy it.

B. If I have a man short squad inside of a platoon, do I not use the entire squad in the next battle? Can one even remove a squad from the force? After all it is part of the platoon.
No, you don't get to use it and Yes, you can remove it in the editor (in the file used for the battle, which is a copy of the core force file). Is that clear?

It's a necessary restriction as the editor doesn't allow you to edit the number of men in a unit.

Bulldog, you can buy fortifications whenever the QB generator gives you the option - just not as part of your core force.

Blazing 88's - the sooner in the battle sequence the easier it gets. You need to be sure to copy the die rolls if you made any, and the battle data if you passed the end of the battle. Read 2.2.7 in the rules.

Hapless General, you should be aware that you can move men around at replacement time between units to get as many full units as possible. Check the example, both in the rules and spreadsheet. This is probably the most tricky part of the campaign.

1.00e released. Get it at the first post

Updates:

· North Africa region split into two (East and West)

· Determination of enemy nationality and division type added

· Option to specify number of battles per month added

· Option to select armor-intensive battles added

· Crete added as a playable region

I don't expect to change much from this version on, so it's really a matter of error correction before it hits 1.00.

[ February 20, 2004, 04:07 PM: Message edited by: Robert Olesen ]

Hi Robert,

I was taking a look at the Auto sheet to try and understand how you built the excel file and I think I have found an error with the lookup tables.

For example, Auto!F9 looks up the operational order table to retrieve the support force modifier. I am in Mar/41 as British, and therefore am using the R table. This should give me a modifier of -3. However I am getting a modifier of 1. The reason for this is, if I understand correctly, that the lookup vector, i.e. Tables1!E52:E62 has to be sorted, and it is not. Therefore, the wrong result is being retrieved.

BTW: I looked in the CMBB sheet and the operational orders vector is sorted there.

Thanks

[ February 23, 2004, 04:20 PM: Message edited by: The Hapless General ]