*Panzer IVJ Mod Preview Part 2*

I gather then from the screen cap that battlefront fixed the hard code for the CMAK PzIV's skirting.

I know I tried to use wire mesh skirting on the CMBB mark IV-J, for the hull or turret, actually I believe I tried all of the PzIV's and I got that invisible see through tank thing happening, like the problem with the turret for the Hungarian Turan 2 tank.

It seem's to me that you could use wire mesh skirting on the CMBO PzIV hull allright but I believe the turret was a problem.

Originally posted by DEY:

I gather then from the screen cap that battlefront fixed the hard code for the CMAK PzIV's skirting.

I know I tried to use wire mesh skirting on the CMBB mark IV-J, for the hull or turret, actually I believe I tried all of the PzIV's and I got that invisible see through tank thing happening, like the problem with the turret for the Hungarian Turan 2 tank.

It seem's to me that you could use wire mesh skirting on the CMBO PzIV hull allright but I believe the turret was a problem.

Hmm. The Panzer IV J and H graphics in CMBB and CMAK are identical so there should not be a problem. The mesh skirt transparency should work if the skirt is a separate BMP file from the vehicle hull or turret side. As you can see from the screenshot, transparency works on both the turret and hull skirts.

I suppose I could just drop the new BMPs into CMBB and see what happens. smile.gif

Hi Andrew

This is what I mean, here is the cmbb markIV-J with what I believe is mesh skirt made by Gorden Molek for cmbo.

pzivinvisible8fv.jpg

As you can see that is the same problem as the Hungarian Turan 2 turret mesh screen skirt.

And I'm pretty sure that is the affect you would get with the cmbo PzIV turret skirt.

I'll try to see if this happens with this skirt in cmak.

Hi Andrew

This is what I mean, here is the cmbb markIV-J with what I believe is mesh skirt made by Gorden Molek for cmbo.

* snip *

You must be doing Something Wrong. Here's a screenie of my Panzer IV J existing happily in CMBB:

cmbb_panzeriv.jpg

Perhaps the problem is in using the CMBO textures? :confused:

Hi Andrew

That's good to hear and see, it looks great.

I tried the only other screen mesh skirt I can find at the moment and that is the one for the Hungarian Tanks, and that same effect happens in cmbb as I get with the made for cmbo Pz4 wire mess skirt.

I tried both skirts in cmak on the PzIV-J and get the same results.

I hear what your saying Pzman, but it doesn't seemed to matter about summer or winter models.

So it would appear that how the skirt is made may have some effect on this, and, or maybe the type of computer being view on and videocard type and driver version may have something too do with things also.

I'm running a windowsXP machine with a geforce 4-4200 and 41.09 drivers

Do you not, or anybody else for that matter not have that problem with the Hungarian Turan 2 late wire mesh screen turret skirt.

Yo j2d, a awful lot of that cmbo stuff of mine still needs a lot of rework yet, but I doubt if I'll ever get a chance to polish up any of the stuff.

Hi Andrew

I tried the only other screen mesh skirt I can find at the moment and that is the one for the Hungarian Tanks, and that same effect happens in cmbb as I get with the made for cmbo Pz4 wire mess skirt.

I tried both skirts in cmak on the PzIV-J and get the same results.

I hear what your saying Pzman, but it doesn't seemed to matter about summer or winter models.

So it would appear that how the skirt is made may have some effect on this, and, or maybe the type of computer being view on and videocard type and driver version may have something too do with things also.

I'm running a windowsXP machine with a geforce 4-4200 and 41.09 drivers

Do you not, or anybody else for that matter not have that problem with the Hungarian Turan 2 late wire mesh screen turret skirt.

Yo j2d, a awful lot of that cmbo stuff of mine still needs a lot of rework yet, but I doubt if I'll ever get a chance to polish up any of the stuff.

I wonder if it's a video card issue. The Hungarian tank with mesh skirts (the Turan II) looks ok on my Mac with an old ATI Radeon 32MB. How do other transparencies look? There really isn't much of a trick to the mesh skirt look, it's just a pattern of pink pixels that the game reads as transparent.

The only problem I seem to have with the Hungarian screen skirts is just the turret skirt for the Turan 2 Late, all the rest seem fine.

I did notice that in cmbo with that PzIV hull screen skirt that the upper part area of the hull skirt that overlapped the turret would give me that effect, but the part that covered the hull side was okay.

Then I found this problem with the cmbb PzIV's. I'm begining to suspect this is a PC versus Mac problem.

I gather ya haven't tested on a windows machine yet, ya may have to make a solid hull skirt for the PC bunch.

Originally posted by David I:

Nidan,

Different exhaust system? On the inside they gutted the hydraulic system for the turrent, taking away one of the few things the H series had going in it's favor.

DavidI

Spot on! The little muffler on the left side of the rear hull is not on the J model, because they replaced the two stroke gas engine for the turret with a two speed hand crank version.

Its your vid card as i get the same problems.

Originally posted by gautrek:

Its your vid card as i get the same problems.

I assume gautrek, your on a windows based machine also, because It appears very much that this is a bug that only shows it's self on a windows PC.

Now whether it shows up with certian videocards and not on others in windows is another matter, or whether it's a hardcoding bug that only rears it's ugly self on the PC platform, yet again is another question.

I already stated that it happens with a certian nvidia vidcard.

I hope Andrew will consider a solid skirt as an option, it's a shame though becuase that mesh skirt looks sweet.