Hetzers, where they really as good as in cmak

Just seems to me if there out to 800m upwards they cant be killed by a frontal hit.........90% hits ricochet....... any 1 know what will kill them Armour wise, AT guns are a diff story. I tried most but i may have missed a big killer (where is she)

The Tigers may be comming but them dam Hetzers are in town.

P.S dont worry about my grammer if its wrong.

If one happens to have no other choice than to attack from the front, you could use area fire. This was suggested in another post, but I can't remember where. Target the ground below the tank, so that HE shells will be fired. This could damage the tank's guns or immobilize it - making the tank a sitting duck.

I myself had a few kills of Hetzers this way, as long as they were not moving away. ;)

Artillery was a little more effective than in CMBB/CMAK and the Hetzer would be damaged easily.

The German gun penetration data in CMAK is very high for all the late-war guns of 75mm L/46 and up. Last time I asked here Rexford didn't know where it came from either. The Hetzer's gun might be overmodeled, but it's hard to say as I really couldn't figure out what the CMAK data is supposed to be based on. It's certainly much higher than in CMBB and I've never seen a trace of explanation.

Overall, the Hetzer's performance would be hard to compare to the other Jagdpanzers based on a wargame like CM. The Hetzer was in the infantry divisions and probably didn't get as good crew training as the panzer divisions or the sturmartillery.

And the Hetzer had a lot of disadvantages in the crew compartment category, someething that is only visible in the slower ROF, but could be decisive from premature fatique in reality.

I believe CM models armor without cupolas different than with but I don't know if they apply their formula to Hetzers or not. A buttoned Hetzer (no cupola or periscopes) *should* be as blind as a CMBB BT fast tank - and that's BLIND!

Another Hetzer disadvantage is the thin side armor. You may not be able to penetrate from the front with your tank gun but a halftrack's .50 cal Browning levelled at the sides may do the trick.