play full battle as a movie?

dryglund

Originally posted by Captain_Thunder:

Sounds like a neat program. However, I can't use it for PBEM since I don't use any of the compatible mail servers types.

PbemH has it's own built in sendmail utility. There's nothing to configure and there should be no compatability issues - it's proprietary.

I'll 2nd the praise for the program. I have 11 pbem games going at the moment and there is no way that I would be able to manage them without it. Ok, I could manage, but it would become a chore to do so.

Another vote for PBEM Helper .

The best invention since sliced bread. I'm also amazed by the number of people not using it, while it could really change their (CM) life.

Oh the joy of sending a turn by just hiting 4 keys :

F5 F4 CtrlEnter :D .

The Replay full batlle feature is great too and works like a charm.

Originally posted by GreenAsJade:

You guys could do me a favour and head on over to the ROW thread and back me up. Not one of my ROW opponents uses it, which is sad :-( .

No-one bit on my plug for it either :-(

GreenAsJade you have to remember that CM is for Mac and PC users and PBEM is for PC users only that is why a lot of CM players dont use it.

Like people have mentioned most games this days have full replay capability. I remember some sims 10 years back that had them as well.

For turn based stuff TacOps 4 certainly has full replay and I believe the developer added my suggestion of having FOW and different force perspective views in the replay.

It really is too bad that the developers of CM hide behind the game engine quite often for stuff like this.

Originally posted by Treeburst155:

This PBEM Helper does sound good! The only real drawback I can see from reading this thread is that ALL must use it. The more who do, the more valuable the tool becomes. I will give this PBEM helper a serious look. If I like it, I'll join the effort to convert the heathens.

Treeburst155 out.

Persist through the fiddly setup: its worth it.

ALL don't have to use it: PBEMH is still very helpful even if the opponent doesn't use it.

You save the file from the non-PBEMH user in a folder nominated under the "set additional working folder" option, and bingo: PBEMH knows about it.

(Not obvious: just one of those fiddly-but-good things!)

It's not quite as good as just double clicking on an attachment from a PBEMH user, but still way better than saving, extracting, firing up CM, clicking clicking password typing...

GaJ.

Shame on you TIM A.

Bringing dishonour to the name of Toronto with such a statement. Apart from techological reasons there is also demands of the community for the different theatres and greater realism.

A minutes raw footage in FRAPS was several hundred MB for me and that only showed what I directed it to film. The calculations required for line of sights, firing, and moving and morale is enormous rising exponetionally[?] as you play and more units become engaged.

Clever old BTS in PBEM let you save the minutes action - and some of my files for a minutes action, that allow me to zoom all over it, are 3MB.

So in a 30 minute turn under LAN you could be carrying approx. 100 MB of the games compressed files and expecting it to keep track of ongoing calculations of the current action, and then render it into film aswell as save it. I can only assume you have not played LAN with 1 or 2 minute turns for the real buzz of the game.

Until we all have super-computers with processes dedicated to the particular function I do not see it happening.

BTW in Tacops4 how many units and what time scale was envisaged? THe great Meiers Gettysburg had great replay film value but the game is not in the same ballpark for realism as CMBB etc.