captured guns

in the manual it sais "note that some captured weapons can be asigned to units from game start, depending of their documented historical use". how do u give your troops captured guns?

also can somebody tell me a website with the map of the entire island of crete that has the locations of the defending forces. i'm making an operation where fighting is on the entire island.

i'm asking this becouse in the first battle i'm gonna give the germans only a small nuber of special ops and i wanna give 'em brit guns.

Originally posted by yacinator:

also can somebody tell me a website with the map of the entire island of crete that has the locations of the defending forces. i'm making an operation where fighting is on the entire island.

:eek: Uh... are you sure you know how big Crete is? I'll tell you, it is 260 km long and 12-56 km wide island that rises from sea level all the way to 2,5 km. Not exactly something which you can implement in a single CM operation! Unless you actually meant a scenario pack. Anyway, I'd suggest that you make sure you play CM more and start designing with some smaller, fictional scenarios before trying to create anything big. There are guides to scenario design, reading some thoughts of more experienced designers should prove useful and save you from many frustrations & pitfalls.

And welcome on board! smile.gif

I'd like to find out more info on that captured 7.62mm anti-tank gun. I haven't been able to find a reference stating the Russian ZIS-3 gun (The CMBB polygon in the game) ever made it into N. Africa but I can't for the life of me find out which model Russian gun did! The Russian gun on the Marder is quite a beast.

ok u can have captured tanks but what about small arms. like can i have my italian squad take m1 rifles from an eliminated american squad?

Welcome. I see that both of your posts are here. So let's assume that you are fairly new to the CM world. You got some really good advice from Sergei about starting with a smaller scenario.

Find a fight in the battle of Crete and work on that. Once you do a few battles then work up to a small operation. Once you have your legs under you then go for the gold and do your monster operations. You will not be able to do the Crete fight in it's entirety though on this scale. The map won't support it. A series of operations that covers the fighting can be done but that is a VERY ambitious project. Good luck on your designing.

Panther Commander

Here's a really good site on the Marder IIIĀ®.

http://afvinteriors.hobbyvista.com/mard3/mard3a.html

What's confusing me about that gun is there's no recoil cylinder over the barrel like on and ZIS-3. The site says its a 1936 field gun (artillery piece as opposed to anti-tank?). You'll note that VERY familiar Russian vertical sliding breech.

...Ah, a bit more digging and here's info on the M1936 F-22 field gun. Its interesting to compare the Russian gun with how it looks on the Marder.

http://www.battlefield.ru/guns/field_4.html

[Edited. Ooops! This link is the same site as Andreas had linked too above :D:rolleyes: !!]

[ March 18, 2004, 11:17 AM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

No. And from what I remember, it will have vanished at the start of the next battle, unlike wrecked/abandoned vehicles.

just one question: if my infantry (in an operation) comes across a gun and they kill the crew and in the status window it sais "abandoned"

instead of "knocked out" in the next battle can my troops use it?