National prefernce

After half a bottle of scotch it comes to me. i have never played CMAK as anything else but the germans and the occasional late war brits. So I fire the game up and land in the unit purchase phase. The americans have NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING I MEAN NOTHING to choose from. Why do people even try to play with such few options. It's all shermans for christs sake. Or am i missing something here?

Yes but there's 27 different kind of Shermans.

Some are light weight and some not so light weight.

And you get a lot of them.

There's the M10's and Hellcats that can be fun.

There's always the challenge of using speed and manuever to best the beast of German cats.

Also, Shermans pack a great HE punch. Much better than the MkIV's.

One thing I like to do is fix my opponents armor on an advancing infantry half squad or scout (or more if necessary) with the added benefit of buttoning him up and then with tanks move to the side, preferably both sides, of a Cat.

Once a Panther or Tiger is spotted, if you have at least a three to one ratio or sometimes two to one and infantry with bazookas, if anything you should be able to push it off the flag.

Hopefully, you’ll have time because it does take a lot of patience.

Have you tried using smoke?

My brother likes to use what he calls “swarm tactics”.

He lays smoke using 60mm mortars, tanks or artillery and charges like cavalry.

It can be pretty hairy to defend against, especially in CMAK where there isn’t a plethora of ‘schreks to guard the flanks.

In the dessert one tactic I like to use is using the shoot and scoot.

Move forward out of the dust, shoot and back up into the dust and disappear.

You can do this to move up left to right. Watch his target lines switch from one tank to the next but hopefully never getting a shot off.

The keyword there is "hopefully" ;)

Of course if it’s a small or tiny map maneuvering around something is much more difficult if not impossible.

But if the map is that small you may as well be facing a pillbox.

How can you beat that?

A3-Thanks for the welcome. smile.gif

Originally posted by Europa:

With the unit delays in CM speed and manouver is overrated. It can be used I admit but one needs to be lucky in the extreme, or have and idiot opponent. That sounded harsh... Sorry... How do you do it then? The speed and manouver thing I mean?

Guess you never used Hellcats to zip around Stugs then. When fighting against german armour I ALWAYS try to use speed and maneuver in conjunction with artillery providing smokescreens to get into favourable positions.

If your opponent relies on Stugs or tanks with slow gun traverse, speed and maneuvre is indeed your best friend.