A few ideas for the future

M1A1TC

Ok, here it is.

One idea is to use flash backgrounds instead of static ones. Like a burning city skyline in the background, complete with moving searchlights and artillery flashes.

Second: Have few bmps for infantry uniforms that are a little different from each other( e.g. One guy might have few more medals, chevrons for different ranks, bandages, etc.)These would be random and make the infantry less like they are made from the same mold.

What do you all think?

I'd much rather devote the computer's processing power to actual gameplay instead of window dressing. Personally I think the backgrounds in CMAK are spectacular. On the other hand, back when CM:BO was the only game available the generic background didn't detract at all from the game!

Given a choice between the new CM engine eliminating the "Borg" spotting, or providing us with flashier backgrounds and/or infantry, I'll take the improved game. :D:D

Naturally, I blame Seanachai! tongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif:D

Hey dude, don't knock window dressing! ;)

Admittedly I'd rather have a fair looking game that plays well than a great looking game that plays lousy, but the best of both worlds would be nice too.

BFC hasn't dropped many hints about the look of the new game engine. They only start giggling gleefully whenever its mentioned. There was mention of perhaps working in a fancy new 3-D paint/sculpture program that sounds like it may (might) put us Photoshop-based modders out of business.