Just a wee bitty little question for BFC

Originally posted by Slappy:

Hear him gentlemen, he speaks the truth. This seems a bit unrealistic. Do they just trail the phone lines out the back of the trucks while on the roll?

This isn't so unusual. I have an account by a German FO on one of my websites in which I believe he mentions this. I know for a fact that in Canadian infantry companies, phone wire was almost never retrieved - SOP was to just cut the wires leading to battalion HQ and lay new wire further down the road when the unit moved.

Radio equipment was not as prevalent in the German Army as in the allied armies (despite the fact that German tanks all had them when many of their adversaries did not circa 1939-41, infantry man portable radios were much more rare).

Can't speak to the specific question at hand with authority ie radio equipment of a mechanized German battalion, but using a seeming waste of wire as evidence that they "must" have had radios is not convincing, if that is the case being presented. smile.gif