Magua's Normandy Mod

Is Magua's Normandy Mod available for CMAK? I'm thinking about installing a second CMAK on my pc and make it look as much like Normandy as I can. I've just recievied Blutt und Ehre for CMAK from Eric (thanks again, Eric, looks great), so I am in the mood for Normandy again (well, it hasn't stopped since CMBO is still my favorite CM game).

And what other good Normandy mods are available? I mean not just for landscape and buildings, but also troops ,tanks and other equipment.

CMETO is out to a few folks for testing and will be made available beginning of the week of May 9, 2005. I will have a site where you will be able to download it from. It will include a complete terrain and building change. Since CMMODs is down complete German and Allied uniforms (summer and winter) will be available. It will require that you install a new installation of your CMAK game renamed to something appropriate (Battlefront ETO/CMETO were my choices) otherwise your CMAK game will no longer look like Italy.

So watch the forum for the announcement.

DavidI

[ May 06, 2005, 10:06 AM: Message edited by: David I ]

Magua's will work, you have to renumber a few of the BMP's though. Just compare the originals from CMAK to CMBO for what you want to change and you'll see what I mean. CMAK also has more images for some of the tiles (grasses, scattered trees I believe, others maybe) and the tiles are larger. You can opt to resize Magua's for a more pixels per inch ratio, or leave them the original size, they'll work that way as well.

Originally posted by David I:

CMETO is out to a few folks for testing and will be made available beginning of the week of May 9, 2005. I will have a site where you will be able to download it from. It will include a complete terrain and building change. Since CMMODs is down complete German and Allied uniforms (summer and winter) will be available. It will require that you install a new installation of your CMAK game renamed to something appropriate (Battlefront ETO/CMETO were my choices) otherwise your CMAK game will no longer look like Italy.

So watch the forum for the announcement.

DavidI

Any news?

Yep,

Pzman is right. I have redone the muddy roads so that vehicles fit on the tracks rather than between them and a few other things. I am just a cut and paste man (or hack, if you will). I hope it will stimulate some of the real artists to do complete new NW European buildings and light snow.

That said, my testers have been happy with the results.

Having some problem with arranging the site, but am still working on it.

DavidI