Question about HalfTrack Passengers

I am playing a PBEM game of CMAK right now. I am really new at this so I have come into a problem. I want my spotter to get off the halftrack. Problem is that I want the halftrack to move about 75 feet, stop, have the spotter get out and enter a building. I am not sure I can do all this in one turn but I sure would like to try. Is there a way I can put a delay on the passenger exiting the vehicle?

Originally posted by Embark:

Ok thanks for the help. I know it was a noob question but I couldn't find the answer in the manual.

Ben

I've found it a good idea to construct a "dummy" scenario, where I can try out things like this, where I'm not sure things are going to work the way I intend them to. Way off in a corner is an enemy bunker facing the wrong way, just to make the "game" valid without fear of a mobile enemy screwing up my trials.

Originally posted by Melnibone:

I think you need to plot the Spotter move after the HT is already in motion...otherwise the spotter will disembark straight away.

AFAIK, that depends on the relative reaction time between the spotter and the HT.

If the HT starts moving before the Spotter decides to do as he's told, then he will wait until the HT stops.

If the Spotter has a faster reaction time (shorter delay) then the HT, he will jump out before the HT starts to move.

-Alech

Embark orders simultaneous with vehicle movement orders:

Make sure the vehicle is delayed by a period of time greater than the passenger delay + travel time to the vehicle.

Disembark at current location with simultaneous vehicle movement orders:

Make sure passenger disembark waypoint is less than 20 meters from vehicle. They will disembark immediately, wait their command delay out, then move to the disembark waypoint.

Disembarking at end of vehicle movement: Plot disembark waypoint anywhere you want while vehicle is moving.

Troops will not execute an embark order when the chosen vehicle is moving. After the vehicle stops they will begin moving toward it.

Thanks for the help guys. Turns out I wont be able to try it out as soon as I had anticipated. It seems a Sherman found my Halftrack and decided to make it explode. We have Fog of War on extreme and I had no idea he was that close. It was kind of funny actually. Because the Halftrack spotted the Tank and just kind of sat there for about 3 seconds. Then the Sherman opens up with the Machine gun. So the Half Track starts to fire back with his. I could almost see the fear in the passengers eyes when the big turret started turning towards him..2 seconds later BOOM!!!!!!! Little Halftrack pieces everywhere. Poor guys never had a chance..