Ever dream of getting the CMX1 engine yourself?

I see Paradox has released their original Europa Universalis Engine to game developers who, if approved, can sell their own creations at Paradox's online store. You ever wish Battlefront would release the CMX1 engine someday so that some smart person could develop their own CMX1 games with new theaters?

Of course, on the other hand, we see how fast this sort of thing is going with Combat Mission Campaigns.

[ April 25, 2008, 02:17 PM: Message edited by: Sequoia ]

Sometimes, when i can't sleep, i scribble notes of how a future CMesque game could work. Realtime, but with SOPs you establish in the setup phase and can alter during the battle? Maybe call it Close Mission, or Combat Combat?

I can't run CMSF so i don't know what WW2 versions of that would be like.

Originally posted by JasonC:

I bid 2 cents.

2 cents more than they will get out of it, otherwise.

Anybody who likes can bid more - but the posited reason isn't really a reason.

Why would anybody offer Battlefront any money, or any type of agreement for that matter, when their position has been made abundantly clear that they don't even want to talk about it?

Originally posted by undead reindeer cavalry:

i know that there's at least one open source project aiming to recreate CMx1. i haven't followed its status tho, so no idea how it's processing forward.

What would that be?

Mord.