The MODS just keep on coming...

AndrewTF

Andrew

Wonderful work as always. I don't utilize mods (I know, I know, pick your chin up off the floor), but have always enjoyed seeing the variations and detail you come up with.

One question - on the gent with the Schmeiser, shouldn't he have a different ammunition bandolier? He seems to have the same as the fellows with the rifles and I thought that machine pistols had a long magazine.

Have a Happy New Year!

The same body BMP is used by all the soldiers in a squad, so different ammo pouches are not a possibility. Too bad. What would be cool is if each different figure in a squad could have a slightly different graphic, perhaps 3-5 different BMPs, like with the faces, so you could show different clothing, ammo pouches, etc. for a more varied and realistic look. Obviously that's not possible with the current game, but perhaps it's an idea for the new engine? smile.gif

Originally posted by MikeyD:

Andrew TF, I've done my share of mods but I must say your work is in a class by itself. Simply astounding. There's not much work out there where you're compelled to zoom in on the art thinking "How the heck did he manage to DO that?!"

That's high praise indeed! Thanks! smile.gif

I hate to say this, and you're not going to believe me, but it's not all that difficult! :rolleyes: It's just a matter of values, as my college art instructor drilled into my head. That and Photoshop's layer effects. And lots and lots of layers. I especially like the new (relatively) vector tools in PS 6 and 7 that allow basic shapes to be quickly made.

Some day I may write a tutorial for all this, but I'm afraid someone will say "my god--he spends THAT MUCH work on this?" tongue.gif

Hi,

Great looking uniform Mod. If you get the chance a few Australian uniform revisions would be nice for us people down under.

With the reposted DAK mod, which bmp needs to be deleted from the original upload, or does it not matter?

I noticed your reply to a previous thread today.

see Below:

Originally posted by tooz:

Andy, saw your other DAK uniform mod reposted at the 'base. Is this a revision of your previous submission?

Love your work, and yep, they are automatic downloads.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's the same one with the superfluous bmp removed.

Keep up the good work. They should have paid you to do the uniforms for the game first off.

Originally posted by M1A1TankCommander:

Hi Andrew

So, how about those requests? Pretty please?

Sorry, I was out of town over the weekend. I don't normally do "requests" unless I find them particularly intriguing. The Goumiers are a possibility, although making their burnooses look good is going to be a challenge. Anybody know what color scheme their robes have? I have good b/w pix but no color.

smile.gif

Oh, and the BMP in question in 9292.bmp. I think. Or something like it.