wILL WE GET TO SEE THE COVENTATOR TANK.

Originally posted by gibsonm:

Actually I meant the one at our Regt museum at Parramatta, rather than the Corps one.

Wasn't aware there was an RAAC museum at 'matta. Which regt?

[qb]

Now go and gorge yourself on that picture of a bag of licorice all sorts, whilst we listen to Mr Greenslades.

"Oh, goody! Eccles! Eccles! Look what the strange man gave me!"

"Wow! A picture of some licorice all-sorts! I gotta picture of a cream bun!"

"Want to swap your picture of a cream bun for my picture of some licorice all-sorts?" :D

Originally posted by Private Bluebottle:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by gibsonm:

Actually I meant the one at our Regt museum at Parramatta, rather than the Corps one.

Wasn't aware there was an RAAC museum at 'matta. Which regt?

Now go and gorge yourself on that picture of a bag of licorice all sorts, whilst we listen to Mr Greenslades.

"Oh, goody! Eccles! Eccles! Look what the strange man gave me!"

"Wow! A picture of some licorice all-sorts! I gotta picture of a cream bun!"

"Want to swap your picture of a cream bun for my picture of some licorice all-sorts?" :D </font>

I'm guessing that was in 2001 or so?

Dunno. It's from the 1/15th museum website. The text associated with each of the vehicles is well written.

BTW, I had the pleasure of working with the Lancers and their M113s a few years ago - Feb 2000 IIRC. Very competent and professional - it really was a pleasure.

Regards

JonS

[ November 26, 2003, 10:03 PM: Message edited by: JonS ]

1st / 15th Royal New South Wales Lancers. Was 1st Australian Light Horse during WWI. Have a Museum and a vehicle park (Universal Carrier, Matilda II, Covenanter AVLB, Staghound, Dingo, Ferret Mk1 and 2, Centurion) reflecting vehicles the Regt has manned during its history.

I'm the Regt 2IC.

Oh, well, somebody has to do it, I suppose. ;)

Never had anything to do with the 1/15 RNSWL. Part o' the Rum Corps. Unhappily my one exercise in NSW was also my last as I resigned afterwards because of the Rum Corps mentality.

Flaming -

The battlefield is Blitzkrieg era plus. Matildas, A15s, and Daimler ACs are in short supply, so it's normally either an A13 Cruiser or Vickers MG tanklet for armour in the BEF.

The French have the Panhard AC, R-35, S-35, B1 bis, and lend-lease Stuarts.

The Germans get the 232, Pz II, Pz 38(t), Pz III Ausf F and H, and the Pz IV Ausf D, plus one MG-armed halftrack. They also get the 88, but thank God nobody uses it properly, or in batteries.

I play Brit almost exclusively

The Matilda rules the battlefield early, until the Pz III H shows up. That panzer is functionally impenetrable to the 2pdr from the front.

It's a great game, even if the satchel charges are overmodeled....

[ November 27, 2003, 08:43 PM: Message edited by: Webs ]