CMMODS Site is Down

MeatEtr

I figured out the problem... someone decided to d/l as many mods as they could all at once. I'm talking about dozens of d/l over several hours. He/She/It got 21GB in 3 days before crashing the server twice.

I've sent a note asking them to limit their d/l to 3-4 files at a time, but we'll see.

If it happens much more, I'll be forced to implement some sort of limits or take it down all together, something I do *NOT* want to do.

COG

Good to hear from you COG, thanks for the info. I'd like to see the guilty party come forward and apologize, not just to us, but especially to you. You and your mod site is HUGE for the CM series and the community.

Of course on the other hand, the person might have done it on purpose. Thats an awful lot of downloads to be doing at the exact same time.

Whew! It wasn't me then--I just discovered that you CAN download more than one at a time! Yep, a real computer whiz I am. :confused:

I do think a self-imposed limit of NO MORE than two at a time is reasonable. Lucky for me, I now have most of the mods! ;)

Good to hear it's back up. I think most of us were frantic when we couldn't get Marco Bergman's new AC--I was anxious when I couldn't!

Thanks, COG, for providing us with this wonderful, invaluable website!