A probably very newbie question on decals

McIvan

I am a latecomer to modding.

With MikeyD's mods, and some others, "decals" come in a separate folder.

Do I presume correctly that I simply pick the decals I want and copy them into the main bmp directory? It is not obvious to me what should be done with them.

I cannot remember an obvious method of using cmmods or mcMM to apply decals....is there one? (although I'm coming to the opinion that there's no good reason to keep the original artwork anyways).

Thanks for any assistance.

Of course, _really_ friendly helpful modders would just put alternate BMPs in separate folders, but with the correct name, so that McMMM can offer them as alternatives to the users!

It's as simple as that: leave the BMP name the same, but put the alternate in a separate folder in the zip. Then the user never has to rename a file again!

GaJ

Originally posted by GreenAsJade:

Of course, _really_ friendly helpful modders would just put alternate BMPs in separate folders, but with the correct name, so that McMMM can offer them as alternatives to the users!

It's as simple as that: leave the BMP name the same, but put the alternate in a separate folder in the zip. Then the user never has to rename a file again!

GaJ

Ahh! Light bulb goes on, then slaps hand to head and goes Doh!

Cheers fur noo

George