Terrain Mods?

Hey Phil, I got some terrain mods. Check 'em out. Click the link in my sig. Go on, you know you wanna. smile.gif

I got your cobbled roads, walls, fences, bridges, an aquaduct, the cutest treebases ya ever laid eyes on, foxholes 'n' craters, city road and pavement. Some mighty fine small arms too.

And you're going to want TanksALot's trees! And water!

Oh, and if you consider 'sky' to be terrain; MikeyD's skies (sky's? how do you spell the damn word?) are a sight to behold!

Originally posted by phil stanbridge:

So then Tanks, can we expect to see a full "Normandy" style mod coming our way, with greenery et al to suit? From what we can see it looks excellent!

Right now, I'd be happy if I could just make a complete set of Normandy style buildings. You don't see very many building mods because they are very time consuming.

I have created a full Normandy mod for my own use using lots of elements from Magua's CMBO Normandy mod and bits and pieces of other, pertinent CMAK and CMBO mods. It satisfies me, but I'm not sure it's good enough for circulating.

The problem is that Magua's bmps are low res and the trees, grass and hedges in particular don't look as crisp as the rest of the CMAK higher res stuff, including Mickey D's Normandy skies and AF's North West Europe uniforms. It doesn't bother me, but maybe other, more fastidious players won't like it so much.

I'm also not too sure of the implications of posting something I've put together using other people's work, as I wouldn't have the first clue of how to produce bmps to a half-decent standard myself.

All I have done is change some file numbers and use Winzip and CMMM to create a full Normandy mod; as I said it looks good enough for me to enjoy it as the atmosphere is just right, but at zoom level one some things get a bit blurry.