What happens to the tank after the internal spalling?

Lurkur

In a current game I had a number of Stugs take partial penetrations or spalling on the front armor. They're still in the fight, but after the battle, what would they do with the Stug? Would they have to cut out and replace the plate, patch it, or put in armor putty and hope it doesn't get hit there again? How long would a tank be out of commision for that kind of repair work?

By coincidence there's another 'patching vehicles' thread starting up on the CMBB side.

From what I can tell from my reading nothing much could be done for compromised main hull armor on a tank or sp gun, short of flame-cutting out the injured area and welding a new armor patch back on (I came across photos of just this procedure on a Marine Corps LAV-TOW vehicle on the official Marine Corps website). This is definitely not a simple undertaking, and I suspect armor that just had a few flakes spalled off the interior would simply be ignored.

Originally posted by GWDWD:

Oh geez, not ANOTHER thread about what happens to Lurkur's tanks when people fire shells at/into them. It's really getting old. Maybe you should leave 'em parked behind a hill or something where they will be safe. tongue.gif

;)

Why I oughta...

This has nothing to do with our game!

Besides, in that game the issue with my tanks wasn't so much internal spalling as internal spalling, external spalling, cracking, blistering, multiple ventilation ducts forcibly drilled through the armour plate, system failures, large parts of the transmission being ejected out of the vehicle, a fierce fire, and any parts remaining being pulverized into it's base atomic particles.

Completely different circumstances.

[sulks]

Originally posted by Lurkur:

Besides, in that game the issue with my tanks wasn't so much internal spalling as internal spalling, external spalling, cracking, blistering, multiple ventilation ducts forcibly drilled through the armour plate, system failures, large parts of the transmission being ejected out of the vehicle, a fierce fire, and any parts remaining being pulverized into it's base atomic particles.

Sounds like you need to learn which tanks to buy. Or just get lots of guys with bazookas.

Michael

*snicker* Like you've ever had {chortle} a good day [hysterical laughter] in a CM game.

You're funny Lurk. Very funny.

Harv

Ps. I'll get that setup away shortly. Possibly.

Pps. This wouldn't have been our game that you died-a-lot in would it? Or just every game you have armor in?