What are the MUST-have mods?

I don't think there is many "must have" mod with CMAK. Most of the graphics that came with the game are nearly perfect.

If you have a censored version, you should start by getting a mod that puts the real German war flag back in the game.

You can get Ed "Tanks a Lot" Kinney's bunker mod which replace the dull looking ones that came with the game.

Then you can get AndrewTF's Fallschirmjagers uniforms. They look a lot better than the original ones.

Originally posted by Omi:

If you have a censored version, you should start by getting a mod that puts the real German war flag back in the game.

Neither version of the game has swastika flags, the German 'censorship' was of SS runes, which only appear on the scenario selection screen, hardly a 'must-have' IMO.

Must-have mods?

AndrewTF has sixteen different uniform sets that are really amazing. I'm especially impressed by the early U.S. stuff. Limey has an excellent pair of Italian theater PzIIIJs that replace textures that do need replacing. and at 'Combat Mission HQ' Gordon Molek's got a growing number of Brit Camou jobs you should check out.

Not to blow my own horn, but the Italian theater Elefant and PzIIIN are both old CMBB legacy textures and aren't up to current CMAK standards. If you look in cmmods.com by Designer under MikeyD you'll find mods for both of these vehicles.

And another shameless plug, if you look under MikeyD in the CMBB section of cmmods.com you'll find my "Dirty Winter Road" mod which can be (should be) applied to CMAK as well.

Originally posted by Kapitein KAB:

Hey guys, I am COMPLETELY new to CM mods.

Could you share with us what mods you think EVERYONE MUST have? i.e. which mods improve the gaming experience?

cheers from holland smile.gif

Als je het mij vraagt: Try my ModSlutSmack small arms pack. Anything by TanksALot, AndrewTF and MikeyD is of top notch quality. Also try my own and TanksAlot's terrain mods in the CM:BB section. They are almost all compatible with CM:AK.

Veel plezier!

Edit: Yay, my preview site's got some more bandwitdth, so the link below actually works again!

[ February 20, 2004, 12:08 PM: Message edited by: Juju ]

Originally posted by Kapitein KAB:

Hey oddball,

I've downloaded and installed your soundmof and it's seems great so far.

Just one thing; the M3 halftrack sound is highly irritating and so far the only sound where the original sound definitely is better.

nice work though,

greets from holland

Thanx for the feedback... ill look into it once i download the mods myself... i dont have them any more... had to reformat my HD...

thanx anyway...

Greetings from sweden.... (same thing to most americans tongue.gif )