Does slope affect tree visibility?

So, I know that the effect of slope on armour angles is modelled.

Does slope affect visibility through trees?

On the flat, it might be say 70m visibility through scattered trees. If you have a vantage point looking down from a cliff onto people in scattered trees on an opposite slope, can you see them from further away than 70m?

Ta,

GaJ.

There are frequently places in trees on slopes where the terrain actually goes to a CLEAR slope. You can be right in the middle of a dense woods and be spotted, and take hits, like you were in clear terrain. Beware trees on slopes. There is hidden clear terrain! You have to probe with the LOS tool to find it.

As for LOS into trees, if you are way above the trees, and near to them, you can see down into the trees somewhat further than if you were at the same distance, but at similar elevation. The elevation difference has to be quite pronounced though, especially with Tall Pines.

Treeburst155 out.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

There was this one time in the St. Croix river vallery when I was standing on a hillside, and I couldn't see the trees, but it turned out to be an optical illusion.

Probably the forest got in your way.

No, wait! I meant 'hallucination'. But there really were trees there. Whoa! Look at that. I have hands.

In your case they're probably hired hands.

You really should try sleeping at night, you know, as a change of pace kinda thing.

Originally posted by Slappy:

This is modeled.

So - then I find myself thinking "how unrealistic".

I mean, if I'm wandering between scattered trees and can just be seen from 70m away through the gaps trunks, how does that make it that I need 70m of tree-canopy above me? I reckon a person right above the tree (10, 15m?) wouldn't even be able to see me!

Oh well... it's just a game, and it's worth knowinig how it works!