Listen to this!

This was a review for CMAK I found on Amazon.

this kid probably still wears diapers!

What is this crap?, January 9, 2006

A Kid's Review

Just downloaded the demo, and it was a waste of two precious hours of my life.

Everything moves slowly, no matter what speed you set the game to go- tanks, men EVERYTHING will move in a sluggish and lagging way, like if they were trying to swim trough butter. Just frustrating to see.

Using two anti-tank guns I blasted off the map about a dozen or so enemy tanks. When I tried to engage an enemy infantry squad with EIGHT ( 8 ) of my squads, the enemy squad ran trough the battlefield in a sluggish and frustrating way, dodging all the bullet, not taking any casualties- wtf? So far I have never been able to kill a single enemy soldier, only tanks.

If you hit something, it suddenly dies. You mean one of your men gets shot, he will pop out and be replaced by a corpse inmediately. How cheaper can the graphics of this game get?

1 hour of this game's time- 1 hour of YOUR time. Just stupid and the speed you change doesn't affect anything, or at least not the clock of the game, making you wait AN HOUR to finish a battle (Oh yeah, I forgot to add, if you are defending, then all you'll be doing is spectating, because the movements of your troops are so slow and sluggish that bothering with moving them is just a waste of effort.)

Avoid at all costs. Or download the demo first.

what a bastard, eh. :mad:

[ June 06, 2006, 01:26 PM: Message edited by: BCW ]

You know, the first time I played CMBB I didn't really understand how the game worked. So I tried it and got pissed so I put it on the shelf.

I was reading something on the old Panzer Elite boards and one of the fellows said something about CMBB being a great game. My first reaction was “man where do I find this game”. Then I realized I put it on the shelf about six months previously. So I pulled it out and gave it another shot and read the manual, ever since I have loved it. I really think it is the greatest war game ever made.

Once I started playing against humans I realized that this game is very addicting.

Great game, you just need to be patient.

To be fair, everything the reviewer said is true in terms of gameplay. Your units move slowly, deceptively so when they're using Advance (Move speed but Run animation). Tanks are slow, especially off-road. You can shoot and shoot at an enemy squad and never see an effect, thanks to FOW.

Those of us who play CM don't care - in fact, we like it - because it's all done that way for reasons we understand and appreciate. It's not the reviewer's cup of tea, but most of his favorite games are probably not mine.

Well said. The reason you don't see men get killed when shot at is because they did it abstractly. When

actually it makes sense. I bet when a unit runs it also means guys are ducking, zigzaging, stumbling and staying low... so I guess that's why sometimes a squad doesn't take casualties in a field... :cool: ;)

Chalk this kid up as another victim of the mainstream gaming industry. Good riddance to people like that, who can't understand why you don't see people or why the "tanks are so slow". I mean jesus christ! We aren't talking about Abrams here! We're talking about these ww2 tanks.

Sadly, he can't use any of his reasoning skills to try and pick up the manual and actually figure out why things are done the way they are graphically. I'm pretty sure he doesn't know about platoons, companies, etc. and how big they are. On top of that, you know what, I'm not even going to go on anymore about this. If he can't take the game the way it is, then he should stay away from it. One less whiner.