downloading multiple txt files from yahoo

Sivodsi

Hi guys,

Just got back into PBEMs and I'm becoming frustrated by the inability to get a simple download of the file in yahoo.

In yahoo mail it automatically displays text files, which isn't so bad if you are playing just one game at a time with somebody. However, if you are sending two files (as you might if you are playing a tournament) then you have to scroll down and look for where the second file starts. Worse still, sometimes it doesn't display properly and you might never find the damn thing.

Has anybody found a solution for this problem (apart from zipping the file that is)?

cheers

I assume that PBEMHelper's native format would be similar to zipping. The advantage , and a big one , is it keeps track of all your games automatically. It will tell you which ones you are waiting for a reply, which ones you have received and need to play, and the ones you need to send.

The fact that it autopens your game and boots it to the camera is a purely incidental bonus : ).

Mind you a lot of people swear by the TRUSTED mode where each e-mail enables two films and two plots to be made : )

I had the same exact problem with yahoo.

Zipping is native if both sides are using XP. You get a bit of file compression, too. Yahoo just bumped up their limit on free disk space. Sometimes if you send a bunch of files it crosses a limit on the size of a particular email.

I also use outlook at home which works even better.

Originally posted by General Colt:

Just above the text listing there is a little blue link "Download File". But that works for 1 file per message. Have your sender split the files between two messages.

You could also use the Find function and type Download File into that. It will take you directly to the beginning of the second file.