Quick ? on CM2

Croda

Ok, so I've been gone a while...I do like to check back since I'm still playing CMBO like it's brand new.

Anyway...I see new discussion on CM2. Is this the same idle banter that's been going on for 5 years, or is CM2 actually in design stages. I see a number of threads filled with self-important Joe Shaw-esque BS, but can anyone kindly cut to the chase and give the old Croda the answer to this simple piece of trivia? Is the redesign of the engine actually being working on, or is it still a pipe dream?

Much love.

The main info on the new engine so far was about the 'environment'. Day length, height of sun, maybe even the movement of the stars could be affected by date and global location! From a CM-centric standpoint that all sounds a bit... well... lame. But if you look on the main page for BFC's new product "Dangerous Waters" (by Sonalysts Combat Simulations) you see that game's scenarios are globe-hopping from Finland to Taipei to mid-Pacific. That might give us some idea of what the next CM engine may be capable of. We're mostly imagining redoing CMBO with a new game engine. Perhaps (just speculating) BFC could be thinking of modern NATO-esque quick reaction forces fighting all types of modern battles on any spot on the earth!

But, to answer your question, otherwise not the least little hint from them on the game engine.

I have BO and BB. I do not have AK. I played 2 BO quick battles last night. I adore BO. BB on the other hand doesn't interest me as much. I prefer the ETO for one and just found it too difficult to advance troops under fire in BB. The modeling in BB is great and the enhancements are very nice as well, I just don't get the same enjoyment out of it.

This is why I'm looking forward to CM2 so much: I can't wait to get back into Europe with so many of the great things that have been added since BO.

Originally posted by Croda:

I have BO and BB. I do not have AK. I played 2 BO quick battles last night. I adore BO. BB on the other hand doesn't interest me as much. I prefer the ETO for one and just found it too difficult to advance troops under fire in BB. The modeling in BB is great and the enhancements are very nice as well, I just don't get the same enjoyment out of it.

This is why I'm looking forward to CM2 so much: I can't wait to get back into Europe with so many of the great things that have been added since BO.

Hellooooo stranger. There are lots of games set up, using the AK version, for the ETO. Even the original Demos have been 'converted'. I'm sure a purchase of said version would be worth it with your ETO focus.

Noba.

I see a number of threads filled with self-important Joe Shaw-esque BS,
You'll note that I snipped the unimportant drivel from your post ... specifically the parts that didn't refer to ME.

There is no such thing as "Joe Shaw-esque", there is only Joe Shaw ... anything else is a pale imitation ... Seanachai-esque is the preferred term I believe.

Joe