CMAK just arrived

Hehe - just picked it up from GAME this afternoon, playing first QB in East Africa as the Brits now. Will stick some screenies up but I don't know how long my Free Pic Hoster will keep them up for if there is heavy traffic.

First impression - love the new sounds, the units are very well done indeed, and Fog is still very bizarre (it's blowing a gale and I also have a 800m view in the stuff). Playing very smoothly on my 750 mhz machine.

Here's a 25pdr to be going on with...

20031228770215987922041.jpg

Gee, it would be nice if some kind Europeans would post some scenarios at The Scenario Depot while were waiting for our BFC copies to arrive. Heck, even a QB would be nice.

Postcript: Nevermind. I'm just a little impatient for my two pre-ordered copies to arrive. (It sucks knowing that folks out there already have CMAK.) Europeans, please disregard the request.

[ December 02, 2003, 01:08 PM: Message edited by: Le Tondu ]

Originally posted by Le Tondu:

Gee, it would be nice if some kind Europeans would post some scenarios at The Scenario Depot while were waiting for our BFC copies to arrive. Heck, even a QB would be nice.

They wont work mate, unless you use the same time scales in the demo I guess? But even so, isn't that illegal or something? :confused:

The Queen Of The Desert in action.

20031223456128220869968.jpg

M13s are easy prey so far. Had a funny moment watching one get killed by a drive-by HMG blaze through it's side from a speeding MKVIB. The Portees can handle them at long distance as well, in fact I've seen M13s run away from Portees, presumably because their machine gun is out of range :D

One tweak seems new. The 2" mortars are back, and the tac-AI will automatically paste enemy tanks in view with 2" smoke ammo if they have it. I think I like it, but it can be a pain if you have other things targetting the tank. It makes sense from the mortar teams viewpoint though.

[ December 02, 2003, 01:21 PM: Message edited by: The Green Rascal ]