"The Mystery of the Cheery Waffle" or "When is a Thread not a Thread?"

Snarker

Originally posted by Soddball:

:mad: :mad: :mad: Angry out LOUD!

This just in: Berli is going to be renamed Barbie when he's finished playing Inferno. :mad:

Oh he will be pleased.. Berli loves a good Barbie.... flame grilled food reminds him of home...

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Jim Boggs:

Anybody else noticed that the ones having all the posting problems are from a certain island off the coast of France?

Coincidence?

CMPlayer - Sweden.

Me - UK.

You Merkuns really do suck at Jografy. :mad: :mad:

Turns out in about half an hour's time. Get ready for Molten Mayhem, you MAGGOTS!! :mad:

A little bit of Philosophy to put meaning in your worthless lives...

A philosophy professor stood before his class and had some items in front of him. When the class began, wordlessly he picked up a large empty mayonnaise jar and proceeded to fill it with rocks, rocks about 2" in diameter. He then asked the students if the jar was full?

They agreed that it was.

The professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them into the jar. He shook the jar lightly. The pebbles, of course, rolled into the open areas between the rocks. He then asked the students again if the jar was full. They agreed it was. The students laughed. The professor picked up a box of sand and poured it into the jar. Of course, the sand filled up everything else.

"Now," said the professor, "I want you to recognise that this is your life.

The rocks are the important things - your family, your partner, your health, your children - things that if everything else was lost and only they remained, your life would still be full.

The pebbles are the other things that matter like your job, your house, your car. The sand is everything else. The small stuff." "If you put

the sand into the jar first, there is no room for the pebbles or the rocks. The same goes for your life. If you spend all your time and energy on the small stuff, you will never have room for the things that

are important to you.

Pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness.

Play with your children. Take time to get medical checkups. Take your partner out dancing. There will always be time to go to work, clean the house, give a dinner party and fix the disposal." "Take care of the rocks first - the things that really matter. Set your priorities. The rest is just sand."

But then...

A student then took the jar which the other students and the professor agreed was full, and proceeded to pour in a glass of beer. Of course

the beer filled the remaining spaces within the jar making the jar truly full.

The moral of this tale is:

That no matter how full your life is, there is always room for BEER.

That's nice maggot. NOW GET YOUR TOUCHY-FEELY SELF SOME SERIOUSLY DISTURBED TNT AND CHUCK IT IN THE JAR!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

GRRARGHRGHRHH!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Edit: Oops. Forgot why I came here. Received tons of turns (many not CM related), will get them back to you loons later. :mad:

[ January 20, 2004, 12:36 PM: Message edited by: Snarker ]

Angry out Loud!

Axe and Crowbait - I'm still waiting for your feedback on Ice Cold in Avnavodsk. You wankers. :mad: :mad:

I know that Axe works at a newspaper thing but to be quite frank all he does is empty the bins and load the photocopier with paper, so I'm not expecting an essay.

Originally posted by Nightwatch:

But then...

A student then took the jar which the other students and the professor agreed was full, and proceeded to pour in a glass of beer. Of course

the beer filled the remaining spaces within the jar making the jar truly full.

The moral of this tale is:

That no matter how full your life is, there is always room for BEER.

Epilogue

The professor stood and peered angrily at the student. Taking the glass he carefully poured the beer into another glass, utilizing a filter to remove the sediment.

Pulling a 12 guage shot-gun from underneath his desk he fastidiously placed a 12 inch hole into the ex-students midsection, blasting his once neatly arranged and functioning organs into bits and pieces of slathered entrails.

Pausing for effect, he faced his students and calmly added, "No matter how full your life is, it is better to have more beer and less people !"

Don't you mean fewer people?

Ummmm.........NO!!!!

[edited for enlightenment]

You see my good man, there are words that are associated with each other from a positive/negative comparative view.

More/Less

Many/Few

Soddball/charm

See how that works?

[ January 20, 2004, 01:02 PM: Message edited by: Jim Boggs ]

Send me a turn. :mad:

I received your turn last night, but was so concerned about your untimely disappearance I was unable to reply.

As you are now apparently your old self again, I will forward a turn to you tonight when I get home.

Be forewarned that it has been bubbling and slathering for 24 hours and could possibly send you once again into that Twilight Zone you fell into last night.

At least we can hope......

Originally posted by Moon:

I've re-opened this. We forgot to give Madmatt his pills, but he's ok now again smile.gif

I for one feel greatly comforted. I was afraid we had offended the poor dear and shocked him away from his recent efforts to transform his image into one of a "nice guy". That would have been truly tragic. Would a nice bouquet of flowers be appropriate, do you think?

Michael

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

Very low fellow, Soddball. Not our class, I'm afraid.

Well, no ****e. He's not even human you twit. Some form of lower primate I suspect </font>

Originally posted by Jim Boggs:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

Very low fellow, Soddball. Not our class, I'm afraid.

Well, no ****e. He's not even human you twit. Some form of lower primate I suspect </font>

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

You know, Jim, you need to watch your blood pressure more carefully now that you are getting older. Elevated blood pressure could lead to a cerebral aneurysm or even a stroke, preventing you from expressing yourself in coherent English, and... Oops, too late, I see...

Michael

Quite right Michael, I'm feeling better now!

Anyway, where was I........

GARAHAGARAHAGARAGHGARAGARAGHARAGH!!!! :mad: :mad:

There will be puss-filled sacs of mucous flung with the force of imbedded TNT :mad: before this day is done!

The cowardly night-riders who visit the Thread when the halls are empty and claim victory are as hollow as your head!!!

GARGARGARGARGAGG!!! :mad: :mad:

Where are they now, when the battlements are manned and the watchtowers are alive?!?!?

NOWHERE TO BE FOUND!!!!!

:mad: :mad: