The Cheery Waffle Thread: Snowed in, iced over but still angry as hell

_Axe_

Originally posted by mike_the_wino:

IWhat happened to the following:

Jim Boggs

Beckett

Prinz Eugen

Keke

Real life, real life. I've also been testing Gary Grigsby's World at War. I saw Cakey post in the W@W once or twice.

I could be persuaded to play CM. BB, not AK. If I find my winter mods.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Dave H:

Then last night I watched the first part of Gallipoli, which did a pretty good job of showing what most of Australia looks like. Give me the snow any time, because it always melts. The outback doesn't change. :D

Daft nongy bastage, the majority of us Aussies live near or along the west or Eastern coast, not in the outback.

We only go to the outback for holidays.

I've been noticing quite a few posts from people who live down under, laughing about the cold and the snow in Canada and the northern US. That had me a bit aggravated for a few days.
Hey DaveH....We're still bloody laughing!

*points and laughs*

Muahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaha!

Mace

Originally posted by Becket:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by mike_the_wino:

IWhat happened to the following:

Jim Boggs

Beckett

Prinz Eugen

Keke

Real life, real life. I've also been testing Gary Grigsby's World at War. I saw Cakey post in the W@W once or twice.

I could be persuaded to play CM. BB, not AK. If I find my winter mods. </font>

Originally posted by Dave H:

Originally posted by Cull: What the crap is this new-agey hooha? :mad: :mad:

New-agey?? People have known for a long time that your thoughts have a powerful effect on your body.
No they haven't. Some effect maybe.

These days negative thinking is called "stress" or "depression", but it's still the same thing.
No, it most certainly isn't.

If anything is new-agey it's the pile of bovine excrement about the old white guy living in the sky who gave Moses a list of 10 rules that you must obey at all costs or he will condemn you to burn in eternal fire.
I'm with you there!

p.s. I was just teasing you earlier, as this is the Cheery Waffle Thread. Filthy hippie.

:mad: :mad:

Originally posted by Mace:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Becket:

Grr. BFC Forums do not agree with Mozilla, they won't log me in, had to use I.E. Grr.

A poor becket blames his tools.

I've had no problem getting into the Forums with either Mozilla or Firefox.

Mace </font>

I'll admit one shortcoming of Firefox for me, and that is that it hates Yahoo mail, and does not allow rich text junk within it.

Actually, it's Yahoo that doesn't seem to want to play with Firefox more than the other way around. I keep thinkin' there ought to be an extension for Firefox that'll work, but haven't found it yet. "BB Code" works here (obviously) but not there.

So, angrily, I still open IE occasionallly when I require constructing an email with all the shiny stuff turned on, namely hot urls. :mad:

But for all intents and porpoises, IE has been relegated to the dustbin.

What I should do is finally learn how to set up and use non-web email, in which case I would use Thunderbird or whatever Mozilla's latest email client is called. For some reason, though I am fairly geeky overall, every time I see POP and stuff I get all itchy.

**edit**

"Meds not kicking in, Cruller?"

What's that smell? Oh, it's expired witticism.

[ January 29, 2005, 12:53 PM: Message edited by: Cull ]

Apologies for my lack of turns. I finally got around to putting my CDs onto my computer and I discovered the (free!) joys of Media Monkey.

Along with my new Logitech Z-5300s and my new Audigy 2 ZS I am in heaven (or at least a reasonable facsimile).

There's nothing quite like System of a Down's Aerials at 3/4 power totally tweaked out.

Turns (and a few setups) to resume this evening.

Originally posted by Axe2121:

Apologies for my lack of turns. I finally got around to putting my CDs onto my computer and I discovered the (free!) joys of Media Monkey.

Along with my new Logitech Z-5300s and my new Audigy 2 ZS I am in heaven (or at least a reasonable facsimile).

There's nothing quite like System of a Down's Aerials at 3/4 power totally tweaked out.

Turns (and a few setups) to resume this evening.

I was meanin' to axe you (AHAHAHAHAHAHA!) what speaker mod you're using there.

So you like 'em, eh? I've been half-heartedly shopping for awhile and have pretty much decided on Logitechs, but not sure I want/need the 5.1...though I could be convinced depending on features. Those are all digital ready, right? I can't even keep up on all the digital formats and I don't need bleeding edge sound, but I'm looking to build a full system come springtime and I'd like some that'll push reasonable music audio. Plus, my 8 year-old Boston Accoustics 2.1 setup, though still decent, is getting a bit antiquated.

Originally posted by Cull:

Those are all digital ready, right? I can't even keep up on all the digital formats and I don't need bleeding edge sound, but I'm looking to build a full system come springtime and I'd like some that'll push reasonable music audio.

They will do you just fine. I had them hooked up to my onboard audio before installing the Audigy card and they still rocked, big time.

I did a LOT of research before buying them and they are the best bang for the buck out there. I got mine on sale too - one third off.

Best purchase I've made in years. I'm hearing things in songs for the first time, despite listening to them a million times before. The fidelity is outstanding.