Double Blind Games

I really don't see the point in playing a scenario unblind on both sides. An operation, maybe, but a scenario usually has too little variability to not be exploited by excessive intelligence. Especially if it's a scenario where something specific happens - when a player isn't caught off guard he has ample time to react to whatever threat comes his way. Very rarely is a scenario generic enough to be replayable, in my opinion.

Sometimes, if I've played a scenario and my opponent hasn't, I'll play as defense. I feel this is the only exception to my rules because defenders typically don't have to react to suprises, they just have to brace themselves for whatever happens and adjust.

I like to play scenarios with replay value. This means scenarios with NO designer provided surprises. It also means unrestrictive setup situations, ample zone sizes and no locked units. There's no need to play this type of scenario blind.

If you want to walk into a designer provided ambush, play blind. If you want to get ambushed due to your own mistake, play scenarios that aren't "scripted". The latter can be played over and over again. Besides, is your opponent REALLY playing blind? :D

Treeburst155 out.

Col deadmarsh, You have me playing blind in the one we just started, funner for me, gives me more to test my game skills at. And may I mention, a hard one you appear to have chosen at that.

I agree with treeburst, how many of these guys are really playing you blind, I read how some appear to have played every scenario ever created, so they cannot be playing blind. I haven't even play most of the scenario's on my original disk of the game, I am always blind.

See you in our pbem