First impression

I've just installed CMAK and the first thing that caught my attention was those superb Marder IIIr and Hs! So much better than the Marder III in CMBB! I would love to see them adjusted to CMBB by someone. The landscape is very nice as well. Just a first impression, but I had to ventilate my enthusiasm about those Marders! Excellent stuff.

The T-34 has different guns and none is up to the standards of the divisional gun used for the Marder (specific model escapes me right now ZiS-3?).

The Germans also made better ammo for these guns.

Yesterday I was in the mood to blow up the AI as defender in a huge armor attack in August of 44. Points for the defender were few, so I ended up not taking the PaK 40 as I would normally do against Churchills and Shermans but I took the captured 76.2 instead.

The lack of smoke ammo was annoying but otherwise it shot up this attacker just fine, ending with 11-13 vehicle kills each in several runs.

A fine gun, very useful for everyday work and you save some bucks for another tank hunter or LMG.

I didn't take a closer look yet but it occurs top me that hit probabilities in CMAK might have been raised from CMBB. The whole game feels a lot better with the faster vehicle turn rates'n stuff.

I was afraid of the Marders in CMAK at first because of unhappy CMBB experiences (instead of 'Marder' they should call them 'Swiss Cheese'). But I was surprised when my first couple tries CMAK marders were NOT the first vehicles to blow up and burn violently! Is there a programming code that instructs them to "Get killed less readily"? ;)

I didn't make any close observations yet, but it appears CMAK contains a hack to lighten the problem of borg spotting.

It appears that you don't get the reliable (red) target lines of enemy vehicles anymore, often there is fire without a line for the source shown. It appears (at least so far) that this mechanism is also the same which made your friendly forces to open fire at the source of the targetting.

For thin TDs the overwhelming instant return fire from borg spotting was the major problem. So that would fit but keep in mind I am posting impressions, not findings.